where is the cdr tool?

mattlandis

It seems all the links to the cdr tool are dead. the wiki link, and links in this forum.

Or am I being blind? ;-)

What I'm looking for is a simple way to see certain info: calls per day; call per ext. etc.

Yea, we removed it. If you run version 3.2, you can just put "file:cdr.txt" into the SOAP CDR URL field and you'll get nicely formatted files in the file system.

Yea, we removed it. If you run version 3.2, you can just put "file:cdr.txt" into the SOAP CDR URL field and you'll get nicely formatted files in the file system.

THanks for that reply.

Is it possible to put it on a NAS/or another server drive?

That way we can pull it into a SQL database and do our KPI's on it from there.

so is the cdr tool going away?

thanks,

matt

Is it possible to put it on a NAS/or another server drive?

That way we can pull it into a SQL database and do our KPI's on it from there.

so is the cdr tool going away?

Yes you can. All you need to do is use a symbolic link to another destination.

We start to support SQL also from the PBX. Send an email to support@pbxnsip.com to get more infos on that.

Yes. Windows locks this file because PBX is using it. Until the file is closed you can not view it. For performance reasons, Open & Close all the time was not used.

Hi,

Thanks for that info.

How do I "unlock" that file?

Seems like that limits the ability to give real/or semi-real time stats on the phone system?

thanks,

Matt

Seems like that limits the ability to give real/or semi-real time stats on the phone system?

The next day it will be free... But the next version will not lock it any more. Then you can read it anytime - at the risk of reading an unfinished write at the end of the file.

Hi,

Thanks for that info.

thanks,

Matt

That is the default with the OS. Generally, you would not keep opening the file. Isn't it? BTW, we have option to create these files every day or every hour. So when the file is closed (after the day or the hour is expired) you can read them.

WoWa you can write CDR directly to SQL now? thats awesome! i need the lowdown on that!

If you find out more about it, please post it here.

If that is to ms sql that is indeed a very good thing. Then we can use sql reporting sevices to get some very nice reports.

I emailed and they didn't know what i wanted. ;-)

tx

matt

• 3 weeks later...

I tryed to use this feature. The system cut part of destination numbers. Part of CSV :

20090217182847, 202,254495xxxx, 9

202 my extension number

really dialed number was 81097254495xxxx

I tryed to use this feature. The system cut part of destination numbers. Part of CSV :

20090217182847, 202,254495xxxx, 9

202 my extension number

really dialed number was 81097254495xxxx

Looks like too many digits to me. Probably you have to increase the number of digits in the string. For example, change the string "$w$5e$10c$5d" to something like "$w$5e$20c$5d". It is in the setting "cdr_format", check out http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Global_Configuration_File for more information.

Looks like too many digits to me. Probably you have to increase the number of digits in the string. For example, change the string "$w$5e$10c$5d" to something like "$w$5e$20c$5d". It is in the setting "cdr_format", check out http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Global_Configuration_File for more information.

Thanks in advice! Now it's ok.