Multicore technology utilization - when will be available?

Parks

I am wondering what version will be able to utilize multicore technologies so we can have more than 75-80 concurrent calls per server. We're wanting to be able to have at least 250+ before having to deploy more servers.

Also looking for in the future would be able to manage all domains from one management interface whether 2 or more servers. It would be nice to have the directory stored on a SAN that multiple servers can pull from and also making the service load balance.

Don't know if PBXnSIP is looking to do this kind of development or stay more towards the smaller ITSPs.

I am wondering what version will be able to utilize multicore technologies so we can have more than 75-80 concurrent calls per server. We're wanting to be able to have at least 250+ before having to deploy more servers.

Also looking for in the future would be able to manage all domains from one management interface whether 2 or more servers. It would be nice to have the directory stored on a SAN that multiple servers can pull from and also making the service load balance.

Don't know if PBXnSIP is looking to do this kind of development or stay more towards the smaller ITSPs.

As long as you are able to split the user group up into domains with 75 calls per domain then you can do that today. You need to run several processes; each one bound to a seperate core (leave one core for the OS). Each process has a different working directory. And you either bind each process to another IP address or you use different ports. In Linux/BSD this is relatively straightforward. In Windows, you cannot use the standard installation procedure but must use another mechanism to set the services up.

In any case, the key is to be able to split users up into smaller pieces. Then you can scale along cores and servers.

As long as you are able to split the user group up into domains with 75 calls per domain then you can do that today. You need to run several processes; each one bound to a seperate core (leave one core for the OS). Each process has a different working directory. And you either bind each process to another IP address or you use different ports. In Linux/BSD this is relatively straightforward. In Windows, you cannot use the standard installation procedure but must use another mechanism to set the services up.

In any case, the key is to be able to split users up into smaller pieces. Then you can scale along cores and servers.

That's a lot of work to accomplish this as you would need to separate everything including having separate web portals for each. This makes it increasingly difficult to manage. Do you have an estimate time line when this will automatically work making 1 login and binding all to 1 IP. This sounds like a duck tape job for now at least.

That's a lot of work to accomplish this as you would need to separate everything including having separate web portals for each. This makes it increasingly difficult to manage. Do you have an estimate time line when this will automatically work making 1 login and binding all to 1 IP. This sounds like a duck tape job for now at least.

Would be nice to be able to choose in admin how many processes to run, and maybe be able to map domains or functions to a process.

Would be nice to be able to choose in admin how many processes to run, and maybe be able to map domains or functions to a process.

Yeah, I think that would be a really good idea. I also still have amjor concern that I cannot add additional admin users and assign them specific roles to work on.

Yeah, I think that would be a really good idea. I also still have amjor concern that I cannot add additional admin users and assign them specific roles to work on.

I agree.. I have a few roles that I would like to hand out to others, yet do not wish to give these users full access to the entire system, but the user must also have access to system settings / MoH etc.

• 5 weeks later...