provision just one phone with a different firmware?

mattlandis

Hello,

I would like to try a new snom firmware on a phone system because we are having problems that phones "hang". Snom recommends trying a new firmware. I would like to provision only ONE phone handset with the new firmware to make sure we don't add a lot of other issues before upgrading everyone.

Is there a way to do this so that not all the phones get the new firmware?

I am scheduled to do this tomorrow. (2/2)

Thanks

Matt

Hello,

I would like to try a new snom firmware on a phone system because we are having problems that phones "hang". Snom recommends trying a new firmware. I would like to provision only ONE phone handset with the new firmware to make sure we don't add a lot of other issues before upgrading everyone.

Is there a way to do this so that not all the phones get the new firmware?

I am scheduled to do this tomorrow. (2/2)

Thanks

Matt

From the PBX point of view, the simple answer is - no. We can set only 1 firmware version per phone type. But if you set this firmware to new version and reboot only that "one" phone, it should come up with the new version. Other phones will not be impacted as long as you do not reboot them.

Also, if you are not worried about the PnP at this moment, then you can upgrade the phone without the PBX and then try to see the phone "hangs"

• 7 months later...