In some cases it would be nice to have a voicemail mailbox

with an announcement only.

e.g. the person is on holiday and there should be only the information,

that he is not there from x to z.

or for night / lunch service flags.

According to the manual (service flags) this can be done

using an AA with the IVR / service flag option. It does work but

it's not the perfect solution, because the person can enter an extension

and if the extension is valid, it will connect him with the extension.

A voicemail / mailbox with announcement only would be a perfect solution.

Maybe this can be implemented easy in a future release of Snom ONE?

• 1 year later...

Hmm. You could limit the number of messages in the voicemail to zero. That should have the same effect like a full mailbox.

Hi,

we try to set the voicemail to "0" and the system gives back a announcement "mailbox are full" and play not our audio files for the greetings.

Maybe we need to change more parameters or we can change the xml file of snomone to have a workaround for this.

We need this function urgently !

thanks

The requirements for a pbx of the new company is very low.

This company need only very basic features without voicemail or mobile integration etc.

One thing that is important is a AA and personal announcement.

The company have 10 employees and for every one the company need 3 personal announcements and 2 for the AA.

For 10 accounts we have only 10 IVR's in the package so the company must pay 499$ + 2200$ (22*99$ IVR) = 2699$ for a very small PBX !!

I can not sold this expensive solution to this company.

for me looks like the price for ivr should be redesigned in many cases you use the IVR announcement before notification etc.

maybe i have understand the ivr or the license not right.

I would maybe try recording these greetings on the extension level shown here and if the user is off to lunch they would have to call into the users VM and choose that specific greeting or they can choose it from the User portal as well.

thanks for answer

the company want only one voicebox for the director and the setting in mailbox to max message to "0" for the other extensions brings the message voicebox is full. Maybe you know how we can set for each extension the record time for a voicemail?

In the domain settings i can to this only for all extensions.

As a workaround we can set the time of record for a voicebox of 1 min or less.

thanks

I still don't 100 % understand the use case. So every user wants to have the ability to redirect a call into a IVR announcement? So lets say for example when you have some explanations that you want to play back to explain something you would blind transfer the call into one of the pre-recorded announcements?

I still don't 100 % understand the use case. So every user wants to have the ability to redirect a call into a IVR announcement? So lets say for example when you have some explanations that you want to play back to explain something you would blind transfer the call into one of the pre-recorded announcements?

Normaly we have a set of IVR's for different cases Meeting, Out of Office etc and all the employee link to this IVR with a button on the phone

The director from the company want 3 independent announcement for every employee this is the requirement

customer is king

Hi

In some cases it would be nice to have a voicemail mailbox

with an announcement only.

e.g. the person is on holiday and there should be only the information,

that he is not there from x to z.

or for night / lunch service flags.

According to the manual (service flags) this can be done

using an AA with the IVR / service flag option. It does work but

it's not the perfect solution, because the person can enter an extension

and if the extension is valid, it will connect him with the extension.

A voicemail / mailbox with announcement only would be a perfect solution.

Maybe this can be implemented easy in a future release of Snom ONE?

You can restrict the caller from calling any extension on the AA level setting is called "Accounts that cannot be called"

you can maybe even use a timeout to redirect the some where else if you're going to restrict the user from dialing an extension.

Normaly we have a set of IVR's for different cases Meeting, Out of Office etc and all the employee link to this IVR with a button on the phone

The director from the company want 3 independent announcement for every employee this is the requirement

customer is king

Okay, but that is the classical case for IVR nodes. It would be definitively wrong to change the code so that this case can be handled without IVR nodes. I would see the solution here making him a special offer for a large number of IVR nodes... (send an email to sales to get a proposal).