info about sizing free and yellow

luccosen

sorry but could I have the correct sizing of version free and yellow? about g729 , trunk , extension , and other terminal not snom, like aastra? because I want to use aastra dect sistem or kirk , and I don't know if I can use it.

example: if I want to use 15 dect on dect system , can I use it ??????

best regards....

With yellow you can register extensions; we recenty changed the third party registration policy, so you are able to register 20 phones e.g. from Aastra. However these devices are not provisioned automatically by snom ONE, and also the support is limited to the forum. With blue there is no limitation for the number of extensions.

Yes, snomONE has the tftp server built in.

The yellow/blue allows you to have non-snom phones on the system. Recently(http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Beta_Corona_Austrinids) we made some changes to the software that allows the plug and play of Polycom/Cisco/Aastra etc phones (like the good old pbxnsip days). But you have to update(not upgrade ;) ) your yellow or blue by contacting the Sales folks. If you send them your current key, they will update it so that you can use non-snom phones.

TFTP folder is not created by default (even though the service is running). So you can just create a folder called 'tftp' under PBX working directory (generally Program files/snom/snomONE and keep whatever files you want to keep in that folder.

For changing menu.xml, you will have to create another folder called 'html/snom' under the working dir.

Yes, snomONE has the tftp server built in.

The yellow/blue allows you to have non-snom phones on the system. Recently(http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Beta_Corona_Austrinids) we made some changes to the software that allows the plug and play of Polycom/Cisco/Aastra etc phones (like the good old pbxnsip days). But you have to update(not upgrade ;) ) your yellow or blue by contacting the Sales folks. If you send them your current key, they will update it so that you can use non-snom phones.

Does free still allow for 5 non snom phones?

We will add it to the templates list in the next version.

In the meanwhile, you can do the following

• Login to PBX as admin
  • Navigate to "Admin->Web Page Control->Templates"
  • Select "Web Pages" and then "reg_texts.htm" for the drop-downs.
  • Search for {text:"snom_web_lang.xml"}, and then paste the following as the next line { text: "snom/menu.xml" },
  • Click on Save.
  • This will allow you to access the menu.xml file

Here is how to access

• Login to PBX as admin
  • Navigate to "Admin->Web Page Control->Templates"
  • Select "Phone PnP" and then "snom/menu.xml" for the drop-downs.
  • The template text will be displayed on the text box on that page.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

What would be the third party limitation on the snom mini on version 4.5.1? Is it just like the yellow or is it a different number?

regards,

With yellow you can register extensions; we recenty changed the third party registration policy, so you are able to register 20 phones e.g. from Aastra. However these devices are not provisioned automatically by snom ONE, and also the support is limited to the forum. With blue there is no limitation for the number of extensions.