License after upgrade to V5

Vladlin

Did you read http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Release_5.0? It says "After upgrading to version 5 you need a new license key. You can get a license key from http://snomone.com. Your server needs to have access to the internet during the installation phase and it needs to be able to resolve DNS addresses." and "Before upgrading make a backup of the working directory. If anything goes wrong with the upgrade, you can restore the file system and resume operations from that backup. We suggest that you prepare for an upgrade, so that the impact on your users are minimized. You can perform the upgrade while the system is running, then schedule a reboot at midnight. The system will then perform an upgrade only if there is no call active; otherwise it will wait. See Configuration Schedule for more information."

On http://snomone.com, click on "bundles". You can pick the bundle that you like. When checking out, use the activation code for your snom ONE yellow/blue license as voucher.

VOUCHER??? That sounds great! But what, if my SnomOne runs without an activation code (but static license bound to NIC's MAC)? Whats the value of an SnomOne Blue Voucher? Is it possible to exchange more than one SnomOne Blue into new V5 license?

VOUCHER??? That sounds great! But what, if my SnomOne runs without an activation code (but static license bound to NIC's MAC)? Whats the value of an SnomOne Blue Voucher? Is it possible to exchange more than one SnomOne Blue into new V5 license?

We want to simplify the process for those who already have an activation code. For those who got a "manual" license, we'll have to process that manually and send vouchers by email then. Just send an email to sales at snom ONE with some clue where the license comes from.

The voucher can be used only one time. Maybe we should call it ticket instead...

Please keep in mind that while the upgrade is heavily discounted, it is not free of charge. This is like upgrading lets say Adobe Acrobat from X to XI.

What are the values of the vouchers? I like to know that before I chose a bundle.

You don't have to pay for the vouchers. We expect that the vouchers are used to upgrade the existing snom ONE blue or yellow installation. This is like a promotion code that you get everywhere these days. They even build companies around it, like Groupon cool.gif.