Indiscriminate Call Dropping

Martyn

Hi,

We have deployed Snom-One 4.5.1070 with Snom 320 handsets and are suffering from indiscriminate calls being dropped for no apparent reason. When this last happened I obtained the attached trace and the call dropped when the users handset 'appeared' to re-authenticate itself with the PBX which 'appeared' to be successful, but the only successful transaction that occured was the called was dropped.

Could someone please assist in decoding the trace for user 107 and advising on possibilities on where configuration changes can be made to 'cure' this issue

Thanks in advance

Regards

Martyn

Dropped Call Trace.txt

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am hijacking this thread because we are experiencing similar problems at two of our customer's systems.

We do not have any traces, we only know that some calls are dropped and the customers cannot see anything that leads us to understand the source of the issue.

I saw somewhere in the forum that you have made some bugfixes after the latest public 4.5 version. Could we get to download the latest 32-bit Windows version to try if it solves our problems?

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks,

Our customers are using 32-bit version. What is the way to move from 32-bit to 64-bit? Can we just take a copy of all content (except pbxctrl.exe) in the old install directory, uninstall 32-bit and install the new 64-bit version and copy all folders back over the new installation?

Regards,

Jim

Our customers are using 32-bit version. What is the way to move from 32-bit to 64-bit? Can we just take a copy of all content (except pbxctrl.exe) in the old install directory, uninstall 32-bit and install the new 64-bit version and copy all folders back over the new installation?

If you host is already running 64-bit Windows, all you need to do is to swap out the executable. If you have to upgrade the Windows 32-bit server to a 64-bit server, I would make a copy on a USB-stick; just in case that during the OS change the file contents does not survive. If you have to change the hardware, you'll need a new key.

But we can also provide you with a 32-bit build. That might be the easiest way to resolve the problem at hand...

• 3 weeks later...