Installer download

tommymtl

The installers were on the snom web site where they have been removed. We don't support new installations on version 4 any more, only existing version 4 installations can be upgraded to 4.5.1. If you want to make a new installation, you must use version 5, which is available at http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Release_5.0.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a legacy version 4 - Free up to 10 extensions. I wanted to update to the latest version before the 4.5.

Why did you remove the last free 4.4 version before license change ?

Moreover, can't we download anymore voice prompts for legacy versions ?

Thanks,

Alexandre

Looks like versions 4.2.0.3981; 4.2.1.4025; 4.3.0.5021; and 4.5.0.1050 are available, here: http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Release_notes

More v4.5s are available, here: http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Upgrades

Language Prompts are available, here: http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Language_Prompts

Looks like versions 4.2.0.3981; 4.2.1.4025; 4.3.0.5021; and 4.5.0.1050 are available, here: http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Release_notes

More v4.5s are available, here: http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Upgrades

Language Prompts are available, here: http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Language_Prompts

Dear Pablo,

Unfortunately, when I try to download the executable for Centos, I'm redirected to a page with a NOT FOUND error :

http://downloads.snom.net/snomONE/centos32/pbxctrl-centos5-2011-4.3.0.5021

Does someone have this latest version without the new license scheme ?

Thanks,

Alexandre

Same here already have 2011-4.5.0.1030 Beta Corona Austrinids (Win32)would like pbxctrl-v4.5.0.1090.exe

Anyone

Thanks

Paul

I have asked support for the downloadable files and I got the following:

"The installers were on the snom web site where they have been removed. We don't support new installations on version 4 any more, only existing version 4 installations can be upgraded to 4.5.1. If you want to make a new installation, you must use version 5, which is available at http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Release_5.0."

So all installers have been removed and are no longer available.

Maybe if someone have it you can get it from that person but PBXnSIP/Vodia (same persone and company, location and everything...) do no longer want to have anyone playing around with PBXnSIP/SnomONE... Nothing else to say but clearly there is something behind that...

Maybe if someone have it you can get it from that person but PBXnSIP/Vodia (same persone and company, location and everything...) do no longer want to have anyone playing around with PBXnSIP/SnomONE... Nothing else to say but clearly there is something behind that...

The installers were on the snom web page, and there they have been removed.

New installations should use version 5. I don't see why that should be a problem. AFAIK we did not drop a single feature in version 5.

New installations should use version 5. I don't see why that should be a problem. AFAIK we did not drop a single feature in version 5.

What if my hardware in the field fails on older installs, kind of hard to tell them, well, you have to pay another $499 for a 10 licence version and an extra $49 for enough concurrent calls to equal the previously free version for which you bought all snom phones to obtain. Lucky for me in this situation, I kept all my installers and upgrades to 1090 :) I can understand a lot of other people's issues that may not have saved the installers though.

So how do I get the key for 10 user free in 5.?

or a 10 user key in 4.5.1.?

Regards

Paul

What if my hardware in the field fails on older installs, kind of hard to tell them, well, you have to pay another $499 for a 10 licence version and an extra $49 for enough concurrent calls to equal the previously free version for which you bought all snom phones to obtain. ...

To be fair, you also have to tell your clients that they are running free evaluation software.

[/size]

This license is not available any more. If you want to evaluate the software, you'll have to do this with 5 extensions now.

The thing is I thought as I suspect a few did that I wasn't evaluating software I thought I was using software for the 7 Snom phones I bought to work. My belief was driven by the following email I receive every evening from the PBX thus:

Uptime: 10 21:00:42 (DD HH:MM:SS)

Memory Status (PBX Usage/Total System Memory, Total Used Memory): 51MB/2037MB, 18%

Version: 2011-4.5.0.1030 Beta Corona Austrinids (Win32)

Build date: Feb 9 2012 10:52:44

License status: snom ONE free

License duration: Permanent

I was one of the early adopters of the M9 which to be frank is only now workable (I still have one that randomly stops working) and while I understand you may want to move to a new licencing model I would ask, as this is clearly not a "new" install, why I can not have the latest ver 4 software?

Regards

Paul

as this is clearly not a "new" install, why I can not have the latest ver 4 software?

I am guessing that it is because they want you to pay for it. I must say that Version 5 seams very interesting but still...

What bothers me is probably the same issues you have, Basing an installation on a free licence and being force to purchase after...

I understand that they need to sell and make money, changing the licence model and removing what was agreed does not seems to be the right approche to me. This look like the best way of making costumer unhappy. This is the second time that PBXnSIP/Vodia does that...

Your best chance will be to find someone that have the installer and can share it with you.

[/size]

I am guessing that it is because they want you to pay for it. I must say that Version 5 seams very interesting but still...

What bothers me is probably the same issues you have, Basing an installation on a free licence and being force to purchase after...

I understand that they need to sell and make money, changing the licence model and removing what was agreed does not seems to be the right approche to me. This look like the best way of making costumer unhappy. This is the second time that PBXnSIP/Vodia does that...

Your best chance will be to find someone that have the installer and can share it with you.

I don't need the installer just the pbxctrl.exe for the last 4.5.1, if they want to stop new installs that all they have to supply.

regards

Paul

To be fair, you also have to tell your clients that they are running free evaluation software.

Sorry but I can't give you a free pass on this (no pun intended) :) The 10 license version was marketed as snomONE free and the software was limited to (2) non snom devices without the transfer ability. It was widely understood that snom was subsidizing the software to sell their phones. I understand the new software license, based upon the marketing and license is for evaluation and have no problem with the pricing for new installations, I actually think it is quite fair.

Sorry but I can't give you a free pass on this (no pun intended) :) The 10 license version was marketed as snomONE free and the software was limited to (2) non snom devices without the transfer ability. It was widely understood that snom was subsidizing the software to sell their phones. I understand the new software license, based upon the marketing and license is for evaluation and have no problem with the pricing for new installations, I actually think it is quite fair.

Yep

And a difficult argument when they see:

Uptime: 10 21:00:42 (DD HH:MM:SS)

Memory Status (PBX Usage/Total System Memory, Total Used Memory): 51MB/2037MB, 18%

Version: 2011-4.5.0.1030 Beta Corona Austrinids (Win32)

Build date: Feb 9 2012 10:52:44

License status: snom ONE free

License duration: Permanent

on their PBX

[/size]

I don't get the point.

I will assume you mean "the point" in my question rather than the point in replying.

My point is that I asked if it is Snom's last word on the matter of looking after those that used the snomONE free Permanent license version (10 extension) when buying expensive Snom gear. As far as I can see most distributors of Snom equipment sold Snom phones etc based on the fact that SME's with less than 10 extensions could use snomOne free. Also as far as I can see at no time was this called an evaluation copy.

As I've said I understand the shift in strategy, although I think it's misguided considering the reducing costs of voip communications for SME's. All I asked for is that those who already have the snomOne free system should be allowed to maintain it in the most up to date form. No doubt future decisions will be made on the price and suitability of your software against others out in the market.

To be honest the work we and others did on testing the M9 for you should make Snom more than grateful and supply all your software for free, I personally spent days testing the various firmware updates.

Regards

Paul

My point is that I asked if it is Snom's last word on the matter of looking after those that used the snomONE free Permanent license version (10 extension) when buying expensive Snom gear. As far as I can see most distributors of Snom equipment sold Snom phones etc based on the fact that SME's with less than 10 extensions could use snomOne free. Also as far as I can see at no time was this called an evaluation copy.

The terms of use are in the license agreement. When you install the software, you accepted the license agreement and that clearly said evaluation software. In my plain words, we break for nobody and nothing. For example if you loose a million dollars because the system called the wrong number, the manufacturers liability is limited to what you paid for: Zero. If you say that is unfair, check out other terms for free services, for example the social network of your choice.

I cannot speak for the distributors.

Apart from legal details, we don't take anything away from you. If you are running 4.5.0 with a snom ONE free, enjoy. However that does not mean that we have to provide you with upgrades, support, services or anything else.

We want to provide you with the best PBX software in the world. However the best programmers and what else you need to achieve that in this world don't work for free. We also have to pay for servers, development software and when we go out for lunch, we don't sit on the free table. That's why we need to talk about money, license cost, upgrades and so on. Not everybody in this market offers free licenses for five extensions, please also keep that in mind.

The terms of use are in the license agreement. When you install the software, you accepted the license agreement and that clearly said evaluation software. In my plain words, we break for nobody and nothing. For example if you loose a million dollars because the system called the wrong number, the manufacturers liability is limited to what you paid for: Zero. If you say that is unfair, check out other terms for free services, for example the social network of your choice.

Apart from legal details, we don't take anything away from you. If you are running 4.5.0 with a snom ONE free, enjoy. However that does not mean that we have to provide you with upgrades, support, services or anything else.

We want to provide you with the best PBX software in the world. However the best programmers and what else you need to achieve that in this world don't work for free. We also have to pay for servers, development software and when we go out for lunch, we don't sit on the free table. That's why we need to talk about money, license cost, upgrades and so on. Not everybody in this market offers free licenses for five extensions, please also keep that in mind.

That is your point of view snon ONE, that we clearly do not share.

This is not personal Snom One,I'm not asking you to go without lunch. My point (and it will be the last time I make it) is the software you provided was free, it was and is useful while we bought snom kit, so we used the free software and bought the snom kit, even though some of it was rubbish Snom m9 (Your UK sales Director told me it was rubbish.)I am not asking for more free software I'm am suggesting that the software (the .exe files) are made available to those that want to maintain the status quo, while (just maybe) we get the time and the inclination to upgrade to the paid version :-)

That's it I guess

You seem a little cheesed off with these questions and for that I'm sorry.

Regards

Paul

Hi,

I don't know why, as now the 4 version is a legacy one, Snom isn't offering any download anymore...

Like Paul, I purchased Snom Hardware to enjoy the Snom One Free verison, with many feature but limited to 10 extensions. It was perfect and compensated the pricey snom hardware.

Why to hide downloads ? You say you didn't support it anymore, then ok but why to remove them ?

Regards,

Alexandre

Hi,

I don't know why, as now the 4 version is a legacy one, Snom isn't offering any download anymore...

Like Paul, I purchased Snom Hardware to enjoy the Snom One Free verison, with many feature but limited to 10 extensions. It was perfect and compensated the pricey snom hardware.

Why to hide downloads ? You say you didn't support it anymore, then ok but why to remove them ?

Regards,

Alexandre

Hiding them... well I would say, to encourage you of making a purchase. From my experience, they will then do the same in about 1.5 to 2 years time frame.

By the way... I did the same, 7 X 870 with Vision 2X Meeting Point and 1X PA1. I'll let you make the math!!!