Cisco-CP-8841-3PCC

Rameshkumar

Hi Guys,

I've Vodia version 60.0.3. I configured cisco phones on them. Now I want to use share line feature on them. suppose there are two phone A and B. Phone A get a call and put that call on hold, a button should blink on phone B and by pressing that button he should be able to retrieve that hold call. I'm using same feature on snom phones and it's working perfect but do now know how can I achieve it on Cisco. Please advise.

Thank You

No I do not want two extensions using the same extension number. Please read below.
"suppose there are two phone A ext 200 and B ext 201. Phone A get a call and put that call on hold, a button should blink on phone B and by pressing that button he should be able to retrieve that hold call. I'm using same feature on snom phones and it's working perfect but do now know how can I achieve it on Cisco". Please advise.

Shared lines is a concept that is difficult to achieve with SIP. There was recently a RFC published about it (RFC 7463, it was actually in 2015); however we are not aware that Cisco or any other vendor actually implemented that. The reason why this is difficult in SIP is simply because there are no shared lines, actually no lines at all in SIP and SIP works entirely different than proprietary PBX systems. Most users are fine using park orbits (non-exclusive hold), it solves their problem.

I know park orbit works perfect. But our client is insisting to not use it. They want when they putt a call on hold on other phones a line/button should indicate that there is a call and pressing that button they can retrieve that held call. I'm using the same feature via Co-lines on Snom and it's working perfect.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Community

I am sharing two links that may be useful for anyone that love and use the Cisco 3PPC series phone.

Have a great and awesome weekend!

Video on how to provision a Cisco 3PPC with VodiaPBX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmMyALrh7VA

Vodia documentation on Cisco 3PPC https://doc.vodia.com/cisco_3pcc_provisioning