Call Transfer Reminder

DanielA

Hi Team,

I have set the "Transfer Reminder After" on a tenancy, which works fine when completing a blind transfer from a yealink handset (actually pressing the blind trans button).

However, When you begin with an Attended transfer, then hang up, turning it into a blind transfer, the call does not call back with the transfer reminder.

Is this something that can be achieved?

• 1 month later...

Have another customer that has raised this same request.
With the default config, the handsets (Yealink T54W) will complete a BLF transfer as an attended transfer.

They want to be able to press a BLF key to initiate the transfer then hang up.

Is there anyway this can ringback to the reception handset should they not pick up the transferred call?

This customer previously had an iPecs which worked in this manner.

On 4/22/2021 at 11:53 PM, DanielA said:

When you begin with an Attended transfer, then hang up, turning it into a blind transfer,

Could you divulge more details about this use case? Attended trasnfer to who? Another extension or a park orbit?

If it's another extension, then how would it turn into a Blind transfer if you never got to speak with that extension to call it an attended transfer?

Probably a poor choice of words on my behalf.

Transferring a call to another extension.
If they start an attended transfer via a BLF key and hang up before speaking to the other extension, it gives the appearance of a blind/cold transfer.

In this case, the transfer reminder doesn't function and the call would hit the receiving extensions voicemail.
In some cases, users would want the called returned to the extension that transferred the call instead of an extensions voicemail.

Currently, the transfer reminder will work on the yealink handsets if you specifically use the B.Trans key - but trying to explain to a user that they have to press 3-4 extra keys to transfer the call blind rather than pressing the BLF key doesn't get received well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Daniel,

I too had the same problem and with T54W as well.

As Vodia have suggested, putting the transfer.dsskey_deal_type in the yealink_common.txt file worked a treat.

I set it to 4 to give the user the option of what type of transfer they wanted.

I found the user can still do a consultative transfer though if they wish, as they could press transfer before the call is answered which is seen as consultative, so for that scenario I created an AA that plays a message saying "Your call is being forwarded to reception" then rings the reception ring group... I then set all extensions call forward no answer to go to AA after 20 seconds. The Transfer Reminder is 15 seconds so it will kick in first if its a blind transfer. Works well.

You can even use a {if model == "t54w"} so it only applies to t54w.

The problem I have now, which I will open another discussion on, is the Transfer Reminder doesn't seem to work when using the Vodia App to transfer a call even though it is a blind transfer you're doing.

Greg

• 1 year later...

FYI, I have a solution. Old thread but it came up when I was looking. 

I have put up with this same issue for a while with Yealink's but have been dealing with it and training users accordingly. But I decided to actually spend some time looking today at the config and found a solution.

Using DSS Key Deal Type 1 mode "Attended Transfer" has the best user workflow when using buttons, just no transfer reminder ability, which is important when you don't have a dedicated reception person and want the call to go back to the original person.

Any way if you are setup to use DSS Key Deal Type 1 in the yealink parameters and want to still get transfer back reminder ability when the user presses the DSS Key to start the transfer and either hangs up to complete transfer or presses the transfer softkey while in flight during ring back it will switch the call to a blind transfer and follow the reminder logic and call back to the original person based on the pbx reminder time, all while keeping the benefits of using type 1 on Yealinks.

Add this extra line to add to your general prams,

transfer.semi_attend_tran_enable = 0

Tested on T5x Range, will post back once I check T4x

Basically, your transfer key options in the phone's web interface should look like this.

image.png.42ac529a56f463f5dbb7a986fc005fa5.png

Thanks, great contribution! 

BTW the PBX offers a transfer reminder for the blind transfer; however it remains a difficult topic for example of the extension has already the next call going on. If it ultimately hits a mailbox, the mailbox now has the option to transfer the call back to the last extension that the caller spoke to. This might also help not to loose any calls. 

6 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

Thanks, great contribution! 

BTW the PBX offers a transfer reminder for the blind transfer; however it remains a difficult topic for example of the extension has already the next call going on. If it ultimately hits a mailbox, the mailbox now has the option to transfer the call back to the last extension that the caller spoke to. This might also help not to loose any calls. 

Is the mailbox setting you speak of a V69 feature ?

• 1 month later...

I have only noticed one thing now that I have had this running out in the wild for a while.

When using

transfer.semi_attend_tran_enable = 0

Along with,

transfer.dsskey_deal_type = 1

When switching it to a blind transfer during ring back as the call was started as a attended transfer it will trigger a missed call e-mail from the pbx when it transitions the call to blind transfer, which is annoying as you get a false positive of a missed call. 

Not sure if anything could be done @Vodia PBX?

Maybe an adjustable missed call timer, so if less than say 2 seconds don't bother sending missed call.?

The PBX seems to send a missed call right away even with a split-second direct call/hang up/cancel .