Yealink and LDAP

KevinD

Looking for help please, Yealink phones registered fine and they are working for calls in and out.  Pressing the directory button on the phone and you get an error "LDAP Server is unavailable"  displayed on the screen of the phone however if you perform a search you can look up the contacts on the phone.  I have the same error happening across multiple tenants.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 5:07 PM, getmp3s said:

Confirmed LDAP not working on Fanvil phones either on 68.0.22. 

cannot search either, it finds no records. 

ldap_blank.PNG

Just upgraded to 68.0.24 and still no LDAP on Fanvil devices. Moved the Fanvil device back to a 68.0.14 server and LDAP works there using same provisioning file. How soon can this be fixed for us Fanvil folks? 

We were waiting for Fanvil updates, especially for providing software update firmware links, but we did not get anywhere (frankly) and published the .24 version anyway. But obviously the Fanvil topic is still open. As for LDAP, we have had cases where the PBX was set to return thousands of LDAP results which the phone did not like; but at least the PBX did return search results. Also because older models require ASCII TXT files to configure and the newer ones use XML, there are differences in the LDAP configuration, so it would be good to know what devices and firmware versions we are looking at.

Thanks for the updates. We work heavily with the XU series phones such as X3U, X5U, X6U and X210/X210i so I've confirmed the ldap stopped working on all these models. Using latest Fanvil FW 2.4.5.2 and with TCP protocol. I could test the V series next week and let you know.

As for software provisioning firmware updates, the current method Vodia is using for Fanvil devices doesn't work as your using the <fwcheck> method which only prompts the user on screen to update the FW. I rewrote my template to use the <ota> method which is true zero touch updating just like snom/yeakink etc.... And I pull the firmware files from here: http://download.fanvil.com/Firmware/Release/ but that's a whole different topic to the ldap one I'm hoping to get fixed. 

There's a fix on the way for the LDAP, we will add this to our template, if you would like to test change the values for the fanvil-sysconf.xml and the fanvil.txt for the older device, This will be included on the .xx version. 

Password>{ldap-pass}</Password>

<TelAttr>telephoneNumber</TelAttr>

<MobileAttr>mobileTelephoneNumber</MobileAttr> NEEDS TO BE ONLY TelephoneNumber

<OtherAttr></OtherAttr>.  NEEDS TO BE  TelephoneNumber

<NameAttr>cn sn givenName</NameAttr>

<SortAttr>cn</SortAttr>

<Displayname>cn</Displayname>

<NumberFilter>(|(telephoneNumber=%)(mobile=%))</NumberFilter>

<NameFilter>(|(sn=%)(gn=%))</NameFilter>

<MaxHits>50</MaxHits>

• 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, Vodia PBX said:

Yes, please make sure that you did not modify the Yealink template. What version are you on?

Version 68.0.28

My Yealink LDAP looks like the following:

#######################################################################################
##         	              LDAP Settings                                              ##
#######################################################################################
#Configure the search criteria for name and number lookups.
ldap.name_filter = (|(sn=*%)(gn=*%)(company=*%)(category=*%))
ldap.number_filter = (|(telephoneNumber=*%)(mobile=*%))
ldap.photo.enable = 1
ldap.enable = 1

ldap.host = xxx.xxxx.com
ldap.port = 2345
ldap.tls_mode = 0

ldap.base = ou=people
ldap.user = xxx.xxxx.com\211
ldap.password = xxxxxxxx

#Specify the maximum of the displayed search results. It ranges from 1 to 32000, the default value is 50.
ldap.max_hits = 50

ldap.name_attr = cn sn givenName
ldap.numb_attr = telephoneNumber mobileTelephoneNumber
ldap.display_name = %cn

#Configure the LDAP version. The valid value is 2 or 3 (default).
ldap.version = 2

#Conifugre the search delay time. It ranges from 0 (default) to 2000.
ldap.search_delay = 1000

#Enable or disable the phone to query the contact name from the LDAP server when receiving an incoming call; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled;
ldap.call_in_lookup = 0

#Enable or disable the phone to sort the search results in alphabetical order; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled; 
ldap.ldap_sort = 1

#Enable or disable the phone to query the LDAP server when in the pre-dialing or the dialing state; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled;
ldap.dial_lookup = 1

We can search after pressing a few letters, but at the start when you hit directory, it states "LDAP Server unavailable."

8 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

The ldap.name_filter does not look right. It should be (|(sn=%)(gn=%)(company=%)(category=%)). Are you sure you did not override the template?

After digging, I did find that we had a customized template on the root level. I cleared that, and moved out modifications to the "Yealink General" parameter of the root user. After clearing that up, I found that our filters were wrong. 

Wrong:

ldap.name_filter = (|(sn=*%)(gn=*%)(company=*%)(category=*%))
ldap.number_filter = (|(telephoneNumber=*%)(mobile=*%))

Correct:

ldap.name_filter = (|(sn=%)(gn=%)(company=%)(category=%))
ldap.number_filter = (|(telephoneNumber=%)(mobile=%))

It generally almost always makes sense to use the Yealink General parameter to make such changes. The PBX makes sure that the parameters in there are taking precedence over what is in the yealink_common by default. Then future changes in the yealink_common will be no problem.