Teams Integration

KevinD

Hi All

We have followed the Vodia docs and we are having trouble getting the Vodia PBX to work with MS Teams.  Currently you can make a call from a Vodia PBX extension to a Teams client and it works well, however Teams clients calling to a Vodia extension the call will fail.  We are using the latest release of  Vodia 69.  System is hosted on AWS.  Any assistance would be greatly apperciated.

Can you please put in a ticket with Vodia so that we can share some information before we can suggest a possible solution.

We may even need to do a screen share.

Usually though the problem from Teams to Vodia side is the Teams route, which is a regular expression and depends on what you want.

But for testing you could set it to .* for all numbers and also it seems to propagate after an hour or so after saving, so you can't immediately test the route setting.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, desiredeabn said:

Any luck with this? Just started setting up today and am running in to the same issue

I find it to do with, explicitly list addresses for inbound traffic. The addresses included by default in the trunk are outdated.

The list should be, for most. 

52.112.0.0/14 52.120.0.0/14

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/direct-routing-plan#microsoft-365-office-365-and-office-365-gcc-environments-1

Secondary to that it's typically something to do with the 

Rewrite global numbers section of the trunk and country code and Trunk may terminate calls for remote systems

I still think their implementation of how-to setup the user is wrong, but the pbx is the problem and needs the team's part reworked. We should be able to setup the user elements as, 

Set-CsPhoneNumberAssignment -Identity user4@contoso.com -PhoneNumber "+14255551000;ext=1234" -PhoneNumberType DirectRouting

So that the users DID can show up in their teams client. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/teams/set-csphonenumberassignment?view=teams-ps#example-6

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/teams/set-csphonenumberassignment?view=teams-ps#-phonenumber

I still have issues but with parking and retrieving with in teams side not working and the caller gets dropped. Transferring / consult transfers are finnicky when it comes to external to the system transfers. FYI Trunk may terminate calls for remote systems must be enabled to allow external transfer function to work.

I think its best only used to make and take calls, if you need to start parking and transferring it becomes a bit finnicky, receptionists stay away. 

If anyone can share me a full config guide of it all working, I will be happy. 

On 11/23/2023 at 12:54 AM, Scott1234 said:

I find it to do with, explicitly list addresses for inbound traffic. The addresses included by default in the trunk are outdated.

Yes the new template uses 13.107.64.0/18 52.112.0.0/14 52.122.0.0/15 52.238.119.141/32 52.244.160.207/32 2603:1027::/48 2603:1037::/48 2603:1047::/48 2603:1057::/48 2603:1063::/39 2620:1ec:6::/48 2620:1ec:40::/42. This includes IPv6 addresses; it seems that Microsoft is not using them yet but it's only a question of time. 

On 11/23/2023 at 12:54 AM, Scott1234 said:

Rewrite global numbers section of the trunk and country code and Trunk may terminate calls for remote systems

This will remain some manual work because this is something that every customer can configure differently. The "may terminate" is important if the PBX should act as SBC, not just as PBX endpoint.

On the topic of teams, I can never get the SBC to show up with options showing as working on the MS Admin console, ever. 

On my test pbx (default sip ports) I can get TLS showing as working on MS end but not options.

On my production system that uses non-standard sip ports, I can't get TLS or OPTIONS to show as working.

Both work with regards to calls in and out, on the non-standard port one I found I had to define the port in the contact header on the trunk setup to get it to work, but yeah never had luck with TLS and OPTIONS. 

It's why I was trying to install SNGREP and sniff general sip messages to find out what's going on the options requests. 

Any input would be appreciated