69.2: place the call on HOLD on windows app and we can not hear or speak anymore

duchotlineit

• 4 weeks later...

Has this question been answered? That is a pretty major bug if it hasn't. Some of us are hesitant to upgrade our production systems. Scrolling to release notes it seems that there were a lot of changes from version 68. As much as we would like to implement some of the features it is hard to decide is it worth and what will break with an upgrade! Can someone share their experience upgrading from 68 to 69.2 on a hosted server with about 100 tenents please?

19 hours ago, djanjic said:

Can someone share their experience upgrading from 68 to 69.2 on a hosted server with about 100 tenents please?

If you use queues then beware the cost increase for agent licenses, they are required for using queues.

There are also cosmetic changes in the Windows app. that take some getting used to, if your tenants have a lot of extensions and you also use park keys then you need to scroll to use them , they are no longer in the middle section.

But having said that there are some good additions (that would be good in V68) - manage service flags within the Windows app., manage call recordings by extension permissions.  But not enough to make the change yet...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did you try 69.2.4? 

Also we have seen that certain SIP trunks don't handle the changing of the SSRC in RTP very well. If the problem occurs only when talking to a SIP trunk and not when talking to an extension, this might be the problem. In that case the allow_ssrc_change needs to be set to false for the SIP trunk.

• 2 months later...

something happens to the call on inbound answered on app then on hold.  Outbound seems ok.  Tests between 2 extensions GS2170 desk phone and iOS app.

Working call outbound from app, - (middle 9:32:45 is hold) then resume ok.  Audio is fine.

image.png.f191c1065595c0d8ea48d8fd4ab602c1.png

No audio call inbound to app (9:32:05 is on hold), then splits off after resume. The audio can be heard in the PCAP.  No audio is heard in phone or app.

image.png.92065c596660010283f42cabafcd7443.png

• 1 month later...

this seems to be intermittently occurring - V69.3.2.  Putting a call on hold and resume and the caller cannot hear us, I put on hold and resume again and they can hear.  

In some instances, making a call there is no outbound audio until I put the call on hold and resume.

Lots of strange things happen with this version :D and app's. Deffo would not upgrade a production box. 

I have a list of stuff I have been collecting when testing, yet to make it known. My head would explode with support calls if I upgraded. 

On iOS if you answer a call do you have the transfer controls show? and then if you hold it and resume it no transfer controls? .. Not sure how basic testing when pushing updates does not pickup such rudimentary failures. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Scott1234 said:

Deffo would not upgrade a production box. 

sadly a large client wanted to use HubSpot and after reading the documentation V68 noted it was supported if they setup private apps. .... this does not seem to be the case and V69 was the only option. ... without spinning up another PBX for a single client. 

They also use queues so this also incurs an additional extension expense.

Do all the IP's look good of where audio is being streamed to?

All IP addresses look fine.

Lots of strange things happen with this version :D and app's

They are pushing this as a legit PBX version and anyone that needs specific functionality (HubSpot) is forced to upgrade.  But it is absolutely doing my head in with apps that work/don't work, work/ don't work ... formatting that looks ok on one PBX and not another - same PBX version (69.3.2).