CALL RECORDING NOT RECORDING ALL CALLS

Friedom-Tech

Hi;

i have a hosted system running latest version of pbx software with full call recording enabled but for some reason some of the calls are not showing up in the call recording folder...it seems to be random...but both the calls were long calls...is there maybe a limit on the length of a recorded call? they were both incoming calls.

FYI on one of the calls that were missing the CEO says he was listening in to part of the call and was able to hear the audio.

pls advise asap

i have a hosted system running latest version of pbx software with full call recording enabled but for some reason some of the calls are not showing up in the call recording folder...it seems to be random...but both the calls were long calls...is there maybe a limit on the length of a recorded call? they were both incoming calls.

FYI on one of the calls that were missing the CEO says he was listening in to part of the call and was able to hear the audio.

pls advise asap

There is a setting called "Maximum Duration of Call Recording". Check if it is set to something reasonable.

thank you for your response but i already checked that and it says 3600 but both calls were less than 60 minutes...

If the code for turning the recording off simple? For example, if the code is "*" then it could happen that the recording gets turned off accidentially.

I assume that we don't have a problem with file system full here.

If the code for turning the recording off simple? For example, if the code is "*" then it could happen that the recording gets turned off accidentially.

I assume that we don't have a problem with file system full here.

There is no set key for turning off recording and i have almost 100gb of space on the drive in question...

There is no set key for turning off recording and i have almost 100gb of space on the drive in question...

I would say we can rule out file system space limitations...

Any more clue what makes the difference between a regular call and a call not being recorded? The size? Can we exclude that someone accidentially (or intentionally!) removed the file?

I would say we can rule out file system space limitations...

Any more clue what makes the difference between a regular call and a call not being recorded? The size? Can we exclude that someone accidentally (or intentionally!) removed the file?

so far it seems to be mainly ONE extension that recording is not working right....all the settings seem fine...what else could be causing this?

so far it seems to be mainly ONE extension that recording is not working right....all the settings seem fine...what else could be causing this?

OK I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM! the system is only recording OUTGOING CALLS...NO inbound calls are being recorded!

why is that?? and how do i fix it? please advise asap!

OK I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM! the system is only recording OUTGOING CALLS...NO inbound calls are being recorded!

why is that?? and how do i fix it? please advise asap!

Okay, that is pretty systematic :)

What flags did you set up for recording? Remeber that you can overrride the domain settings per extension. BTW what version?

Okay, that is pretty systematic :)

What flags did you set up for recording? Remeber that you can overrride the domain settings per extension. BTW what version?

Version .3177

i have recording setup for everything to be on and all extensions are set to default or on!

• 4 months later...
found it thank you

Hi,

i have the following scenario where recordings were missing.

version 3.4.3201

1) Call comes in and there is no record of the call (incidentally the user TRIED to transfer to someone else but person did not pick up)

2) Call comes in to extension 6003 the user transfers the call to extension 6025...the only recording we can find is 6003 calling 6025 to let him know he has mr smith on the line but once he transfers the call through to 6025 the recording stops....i have ALL CALLS set to record...why is it not recording/

• 2 months later...
2) Call comes in to extension 6003 the user transfers the call to extension 6025...the only recording we can find is 6003 calling 6025 to let him know he has mr smith on the line but once he transfers the call through to 6025 the recording stops....i have ALL CALLS set to record...why is it not recording.

any work around? I got an upset customer over this.

any work around? I got an upset customer over this.

No this is a real problem i was onsite but the client today and he is terribly upset...i quote "it shows a lack of professionalism on the vendors part when they sell an add on that doesn't work and then give no support for it"

i had no response.

PLEASE can we get a fix....

Hey guys, just a little bit more input.

I was setting up recording today and generally liked how it worked.

The senario (different from the nonworking one above--by my senario works)

I have only one extension recording calls. (new consultant)

If I call from external number--> pstn ---> pbxnsip ---> ext 101

then transfer to ext. 174 (which is recording calls) it records the call fine.

So it seems that it only doesn't record on transfer if all calls/ext's are recording?

Just some input guys.

Matt

No this is a real problem i was onsite but the client today and he is terribly upset...i quote "it shows a lack of professionalism on the vendors part when they sell an add on that doesn't work and then give no support for it"

i had no response.

PLEASE can we get a fix....

I have the same problem on this feature. Inbound calls didn't record at all. Is there a work around for this? Paging to PBXNSIP support. Please answer us on the said problem. Its been 5 months now and still were not getting any answer on this for the version 3.3.1.3177.. :-(