Having several issues with version 4, please help.

Maxx

PBXnSIP support is no help, they just say ready the admin guide which I have done several times. I am having a few problems that I need to get resolved.

1. I am unable to save my configuration to my PC even with the save size set to 500MB. This is not a large PBX system. Just for test of version 4.

2. When second phone is registered, service crash on the server and have to be restarted. Take about 30 minutes for them to come back up.

3. IVP import and record doesn't work at all for any Hunt Groups.

4. Day/Night Service Flags don't work at all.

I am not very happy with this software. I have used TrixBox and Avaya quit a bit and never had issues like this.

If anyone can help, I would be greatful.

PBXnSIP support is no help, they just say ready the admin guide which I have done several times. I am having a few problems that I need to get resolved.

1. I am unable to save my configuration to my PC even with the save size set to 500MB. This is not a large PBX system. Just for test of version 4.

2. When second phone is registered, service crash on the server and have to be restarted. Take about 30 minutes for them to come back up.

I am not very happy with this software. I have used TrixBox and Avaya quit a bit and never had issues like this.

If anyone can help, I would be greatful.

Some detail about OS and actual version number would be useful when you post the message.

1. Admin->Settings->Max. size of a configuration backup file: setting should allow up to 500 MB. If you are using the test version, your back up won't even by more more 50MB. Also, if had read admin guide several times, you must have read - use the OS level back up tools instead of PBX backup mechanism (on most of the OS except of the appliance)

2. We have several (hundreds) registrations on the PBX.

3. Not sure what you mean by IVP import

4. If you provide the details instead of "don't work at all" probably we can help.

In any case, all the above are working features.

This is actually easier than it might look. Just make a backup of the working directory of the PBX and you are all set. If you want to restore this version later, just put it into it's old place. The web interface is intended for systems that cannot provide file system access; but if you are using a PC you should be able to copy the files.

It does not crash on the first registration? What do you mean by "crash"? Does the service manager say something? 30 minutes are very very long. What processor are you using? Where is the file system?

You mean IVR? For recording, you need a recording license, maybe that is the problem here.

Any more input on your setup? We have cases where it does work.

CentOS release 5.3 (Final)

If you use Linux, you need to know what you are doing. There is some help available on http://kiwi.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Installing_in_Linux, but this does not replace the know-how of a root admin. If you just want to try the product, I would just use Windows. Apart from the installation, the different OS versions are pretty much the same.

• 1 month later...