extension alias problem

iActive

Hello,

We have a new setup and we are trying to attach a DID to a particular extension (90). The manual says that we can create an account and create an alias using the following format 90 7891234567. When we create an account 90 7891234567 save it then try to call the DID 7891234567 we get a message that the account or number could not be found.

So if we change the account and set it as 90/7891234567 save the account. Now when we call 7891234567 the call completes without issue. However when creating a account alias to a DID using the / another account is created on the system which uses another user license.

How can we create a DID alias to an account without having to use another license?

Thanks,

Greg

The format for creating an account and changing the alias names for an account are different. When creating an account, the slash symbol is the seperator for the names of the account. When editing the alias field of the account the names are seperated by space characters.

If you set the country code, the PBX will try to internally store the alias name in a global format starting with "+", so that it is easier to compare the names in the database with the name for the incoming calls. You can see what the PBX stores by looking at the file system in the user_alias directory.

Still does not answer the question.

Why does an account not answer when it is setup like this 90 7891234567

this is how the manual says to alias an account.

However

When we setup the account like this 90/7891234567

this seems to work but it creates another account call 7891234567<90>

I thought I just saw a wiki that actually explained how to alias an account to a DID but did so in an opposie manor than what I saw in the manual. Maybe I'm missing something?

What if I wanted to route a DID and TFN to one account is this possible and how would it be done?

Well, inbound calling is more complex that it might seem at first glance, the extension alias is just a part of the problem (see http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Inbounds_Calls). For example, the question is if the number is to be found in the Request-URI or in the To-header of the call. There is even a new SIP header available, which further complicates matters (P-Called-Party-ID). Then once that is clear, the PBX needs to figure out what the number looks like in the country. For example, in the USA the number 9787462777 or 19787462777 would be +19787462777. Unfortunately, there is no standard for SIP trunking so for each and every SIP provider it becomes neccessary to finetune parameters to get it working.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone we have exact opposite problem for inbound calls. If we setup extension in the following manner:

300/5401234567

we do not get inbound call. But if we do:

300 5401234567

we do get an inbound call.

The message in the log for that call is that Global Trunk could not identify user 5401234567. Our trunk provider sends us calls via their "Broadvox" switch. Can someone help?