Call Forward Exceptions

jano7878

The one that you are redirecting to is always an exception (typically the secretary). That solves the problems in most cases.

Apart from that you can control who is allowed to call you in the permissions tab, maybe that also helps.

Thanks for response.

I think, current snom one functionality doesn't let me to achieve desired results.

My problem: I have extension 4899. I want to have a possibility to answer calls from a few internal numbers: 4811, 4813 and whole external calls. The rest should be redirected to my secretary's extension. Is it possible to achieve it with current Snom One? If no, are you going to extend redirection rules in the future releases to make these rules more complex and flexible (good example: 3cx forward rules)?

It is a valid scenario. I am scratching my head if this can be done or not, and how complicated it is. Forbidding others to call you is easy with the permission tab, but in that case the call is not being redirected. I guess the easiest answer is that we need to check in the permission denied case if the redirection on busy is set, and redirect the call there.

Forwarding rules can be very powerful, but with a lot of power comes a lot of support. We learned that lesson with the ERE-based dial plan and want to stay away from complicated stuff and instead focus on the reasonable use cases.

Engineering has suggested that the next version will have this change.

Basically, 4899 can make use of the Extension->Permission:Only the following extensions may call this extension: settings and Extension->Redirection:Call forward calls when busy to setting divert the calls from other than 4811, 4813 and whole external calls to the secretary.

I've made a few tests, redirections/permissions configurations but with no luck.

You are right. Too complicated mechanism will cause more problems than benefits. On the other hand, the current Snom One redirection rules are too limited, too simple. I think, the separation of forwarding rules for internal and external connections, and adding the possibility of entering a few exception numbers ("no redirected callers") would be the optimal solution that would solve 99% redirection problems and wouldn't be too complicated.

Another forwarding scenario with no current solution...:

External calls to specific employee should be redirected to another destination (receptionist, ACD etc.) on "no answer" after x seconds.

That will work ok, but the problem is that internal calls and transferred calls should not follow this forwarding, but continue ringing until picked up or user hangup.

Brgds

Thomas Jensen

• 4 months later...

External calls to specific employee should be redirected to another destination (receptionist, ACD etc.) on "no answer" after x seconds.

That will work ok, but the problem is that internal calls and transferred calls should not follow this forwarding, but continue ringing until picked up or user hangup.

Brgds

Thomas Jensen

Exactly that is also my problem !! Extension A calls extension B, after a few rings the call is forwarded to extension C. But extension B did not want to talk to extension C !! Two people have a un-needed interrupted in their daily business.... :angry: :angry:

I assume the suggested solution of jano7878 would be the solution for that. I think this would be quite easy to implement. Maybe even implement an option to specify from witch numbers the forwarding rules would apply. If the caller is not in this list, the 'normal' forwarding rules would apply.

Please implement.....

Thanks,

Rudi