Factory Reset Soho

Travis

what happened was when i hooked up the snom 300 phones to the network i'm guessing that the pbx randomly assigned log in info to the phones (because the default log in does not work), and while i know how to access the xml files on a desktop set up, i don't know how to access it on the soho. I'm guessing I have to do it via a console cable but from there I think I'll probably need a step by step set of instructions for accessing that info.

...while i know how to access the xml files on a desktop set up, i don't know how to access it on the soho.

If I understood you correctly, you want to access the generated XML files for snom 300 phones so that you can find out what the user name / password to login to the phone's web interface. Assuming that's what you are trying to do, you can ssh to the SoHo(provided that is not an issue anymore) and then navigate to PBX working directory (generally /usr/local/snomONE, you can double check this on the System->Status page). You will see the same file structure as the desktop setup. Then you can open those files to see the login info.

ok, thats what i needed to know. I'm still locked out of one Soho, but my second one is working fine. Instead of setting a static IP address in the soho itself I bound its mac address to a fixed IP in the router itself, that seemed to work and helped avoid locking myself out of another soho. I did order a console cable for the one I am locked out of so we'll see how that goes when I get that. Thank you for your help!

ok, thats what i needed to know. I'm still locked out of one Soho, but my second one is working fine. Instead of setting a static IP address in the soho itself I bound its mac address to a fixed IP in the router itself, that seemed to work and helped avoid locking myself out of another soho. I did order a console cable for the one I am locked out of so we'll see how that goes when I get that. Thank you for your help!

Did you set up access control to ban failed attempts for seven days? I have been locked out of my PBX before but only for an hour or two.

Did you set up access control to ban failed attempts for seven days? I have been locked out of my PBX before but only for an hour or two.

What happened to me was as soon as I changed the IP scheme from dhcp to static I was locked out. As far as access goes, I hadn't gotten around to setting that up, so I believe it blocks access for an hour as the default.