Shocking functionality and price change.

rudik

Sales effects  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result of functionality and price change according to you?

• Increase in Sales
    • Decrease in Sales
    • Don't know

I was a shock to me to find out that Voida goes back to limited functionality at higher prices. :angry:

http://www.snomone.com/versions

The 'old' SnomOne Functionality and Pricing gave enough financial flexibility to convince several Small Business clients. What to do with clients that already received a quotation from me ?

Seems that "One System All Features No Limits" goes out the door :( :(

Request from a reseller (me): Please review options and prices.....

Thanks...

Seems like you joined the forum already four years ago, so you still know the pbxnsip pricing structure which was actually similar to what we have now again.

We had discussions on the forum about the changes already. If it difficult to make only friends when changing things. But those changes where necessary to get the snom ONE ready for a market that will change (with out without us) in the next years. I am convinced that the sales will go up, not only for us but also for the people who are working with snom ONE (I'll vote for that rolleyes.gif).

• 1 month later...

Change needed to bring a product inline with the market is fair. Taking your loyal, PAYING customers who have built a business model around your pricing structure and charging substantially more for the SAME products / features is not fair.

That is greed, and disrespect.

There are so many things that are just so absurdly wrong I dont even know whitch injustice I should be raving about.

I'll just touch on the one that is ileagel - and hope that others consider my experience as a sign of what may lie in there future.

I made a sizeable financial investment in snom hardware and software just 6 months prior. Now im told snom doesnt care about the contract and has chosen NOT to allow me to upgrade to the latest release despite part of my purchase including 1 year of software upgrades.

For shame snom.

This is NOT how you treat the customers that build your business.

I think it is much worse than the issue of charging more and/or additional for the same product bought under a clear agreement and understanding.

For those of us choosing to maintain version 4, there would, at this time anyway, seem to be zero support. I have a number of issues some of which are extremely serious and damaging to my business that are being ignored. In fact one of the statements from a so called 'support engineer' was "This looks like a defect on this version, please backup your system and roll to 4.5.1 or version 5, unfortunately I cannot test 4.6 since that was an overlap version to 4.5. , our development team are only working on V5 today."

So, the question is, even if we bought into the very expensive upgrade, why would we be inclined to believe that the next major move on this prouduct would not leave us as high and dry as this one. Version 6 could as easily come with the same kind of price hike, and be forced due to no version 5 support.

A class action springs to mind folks?

Hi Vance, yes, when version 6 comes out, you will have the option to purchase an upgrade from version 5 to version 6 as well. Check out what is going on in the rest of the software industry... I would recommend to join the subscription model, as most of the hosted providers do. Then you don't have to put a lot of cash on the table and your cost scales with your revenues. This is a good partnership as we have the same interest like you have--grow your revenues.

Hi Vance, yes, when version 6 comes out, you will have the option to purchase an upgrade from version 5 to version 6 as well. Check out what is going on in the rest of the software industry... I would recommend to join the subscription model, as most of the hosted providers do. Then you don't have to put a lot of cash on the table and your cost scales with your revenues. This is a good partnership as we have the same interest like you have--grow your revenues.

No comment

I dont want a subscription. If I did , I wouldnt have bought your product to begin with.

I dont want to pay over and over for something I could own.

I dont want to give money to a company that can decide at any point to rais its subscription costs

I expect a company to make a product and set a price. I expect over time the product wil mature, and as features are added, the price will likely increase.

I dont expect my cost to roughly tripple overnight.

Seeing the poll results makes me think Snom knows more about the market than the resellers/clients/users ;) Or maybe they are correct that the new system will bring less sales but more revenues (for Vodia) because of contract. :blink: :blink:

I dont want a subscription. If I did , I wouldnt have bought your product to begin with.

I dont want to pay over and over for something I could own.

I dont want to give money to a company that can decide at any point to rais its subscription costs

@snom: And this is what the market at this moment demands for. The current economic situation makes that no company would like to invest in long term financial commitments like some kind of contract.

That is the reason why selling (talking as a reseller now) the old system (PBXNSIP) was not easy. Companies did not want to pay the yearly fee. Since the release of SnomBlue ("One System All Features No Limits") my snom sales doubled because it was easier to explain this one-time investment. Wether the company would grow or shrink, it did not cause extra costs. That was a strong argument; one time, long time investment. Going back to old system will, as expected, bring my sales back with 50% or, seeing the current economic situation even worse.

Rudik