Transfer Agent Group Call

Rameshkumar

The easiest is to drag and drop the call from the web portal onto an extension. I know that this was on the list for the new portal but I am not sure if that was implemented yet. Using a star code might be another possibility, but IMHO it is not very practical because nobody will be able to remember the correct (and probably very cryptic) code. 

Hi I think you did not get my point. Our objective is to transfer the call while it's in agent group waiting queue but has not landed to any extension yet. Suppose there are three calls Caller A,B and C. One extension 200 is logged in as agent. Now caller A is talking to agent while Caller B and C are waiting for next available agent. Now we want if queue manager wants to transfer caller B to any extension so he should be able to transfer that caller to any extension.

OK, we should've added this with our point that, this cannot be done, if there are no agents logged onto the ACD. 

Other option that can be done is by using "explicitly specify pick up preference" inside the external extensions. These extensions can just press *87 and pick up the AG calls and queue manager cannot do anything about it (those extensions have to be proactive about it).

OR

In the AG itself you can assign the call to to go to selected extensions if the call has rang more than XX secs.

We know about this "explicitly specify pick up preference" and "XX secs". Actually the environment is this, there are many agents and each group is being supervised by a manager. Now manager want he should have capability to transfer any waiting call in agent group to any extension. Actually their patient calls and manager see there is a call into the queue which is most important and can taken care ASAP so they transfer that call to any extension.