how to display trunk name + caller id on the phone

Hello,

I've a customer with a DID trunk +390586123xxx where xxx is the range of numbers we can receive calls on. Every number is a partner number.

The customer would like to see on the snom display (snom 710) not just the callerid of the number calling but also on what DID +390586xxx is calling, or better, he would show the partner name (he should add the address book something like +390586123001 -> Google, +390586123002 -> Apple, etc). So if someone with number +1323123456 call on +390586123001, the customer see on the snom phone "Google (+1323123456)". Is that possible? Thank you.

My problems is showing on the Snom not only the callerid of the person calling but also the DID called (or the trunk name). So I don't know on which part of the setting of the trunk make changes: Number/Call Identification? Routing/Redirection?

Shortly:

caller +39370123456 calls the did +39058612345. I want to see on the snom (Snom 710) this:

"+39370123456 (+39058612345)"

or better, if I've mapped +39058612345. to "Google" in the addressbook: 

"+39370123456 (Google)"

For hunt group and ACD, you can select what you want to see on the display (its called "From-header"). It can include the group name, which is often better than the number. In theory you could give the group the DID as the name. Then it would show the DID and the caller-ID.

About the hunt group and ACD, I saw the option you're talking about, the problem is that I've 50 DID and I can't create 50 hunt/acd group, I just need to modify how the caller id is displayed on the phone, if there is a way to "send just about anything in the SIP headers" I wish it would be also a way to do the same with inbound calls.

Can you tell us where are you going to be assigning these 50 DIDs on the system?

Can you assign all of them to the same Hunt Group (because one can) and then we can talk about adding one more settings in the drop-down menu of "From-header" for you?

The 50 DIDs on the system are working in this way:

I have a sip trunk (ip auth) configured with the provider who assigned to me a GNR like +3905861234xx meaning all inbound calls from +390586123400 to +3905861234099 are routed in my pbx, so the pbx see coming call for +390586123400->99, at this point I should be able to intercept the DNID and display on the extension (snom d712) what's the +3905861234xx called (dnid) and who is calling (caller-id).

I can of course assign the trunk sip receiving the 100 dnid to only one Hunt Group and then in the Hunt Group rules add a custom-headers to display dnid + caller-i in the "from-header" in behavior settings, I think is a good starting.

We have added another option in the dropdown for the "what-to-show" option which will show the calling and the called number in the same header (in the next build). It does actually not require a code change, just another option in the dropdown, so you can also just to it by changing the template e.g. for the dom_hunt.htm web page:

<option value="cmc2">[[dom_acd.htm#from_cmc2]]</option>
                      <option value="$f ($t)">[[dom_acd4.htm#from]] ([[dom_acd4.htm#to]])</option>
                      <option value="original">[[dom_acd.htm#from_original]]</option>

It works! :)

The interesting thing is this:

Before the change, on the display of the snom I got this:

First line of LCD: <caller id number>

Second line of LCD: blank

After the change you suggested:

First line of LCD: icon of the phone ringing <caller id number> (<called number>)   <<<---- according the new setup

Second Line of LCD: icon of contact <name of the called number> <number of the called number> <<---snom automatically added

So it's like then snom add a second line displaying the called number-contact when he see a "to:" header

image.png.715298822273205455d61b7f1a343c85.png

So the final question, if I want to show on the first line only the calling number (370129...) and in the secon line the concact-number (I'M BURGHER 0586193...), what to change in the config you posted? Thank you

Regards,

Alessandro

I started to play with the option in Hunt Group, From-Header and I realized that also with the just "Calling party name (CMC)" I got what I need:

First line: <calling number> or <calling name - called number> if present in addressbook 

Second line: <called number> or <called name - called number> if present in addressbook 

This mean the call is delivered to the phone in different way if just like a simple extension or like hunt group. Anyway I solved my problem and I really thank you for your support. Any problem or need or request discussed in this forum increase the level of knowledge of Vodia 😎

Regards,

Alessandro