Version 69

Vodia PBX

As you might have seen in the newsletter, version 69.0.0 is available. It is a release with many new features. This is exciting and makes sure we are keeping up with the many changes that are currently happening in the commutations technology space.

After the release is before the release. We have already found a couple of smaller glitches in the new front end like from/to mixed up in missed chat message activity logs and we are already making daily builds with the name 69.0.1. Also, it seems that insecure login over HTTP causes problems with the latest Chrome browser which we are addressing.

Another common problem is that administrators cannot log in because the system management DNS address was set to some bogus address on many servers. Well — its written in the release notes but it seems it is easily overlooked...

We expect that it will take a few days and weeks until the dust has settled. We are working on making sure that everything is running smooth as soon as possible. If you find anything that should be corrected, please let use know, ideally in the form of a trouble ticket with steps that describe what the problem is and how to reproduce it.

Underneath, we have made some great improvements that will make the PBX even more rock solid. We are excited about this new release and want to make sure that administrators and users see that we arrived in the year 2023!

13 minutes ago, mskenderian said:

API: https://api.vodia.com/status_api no longer works.

The API documentation needs some TLC. The focus was on getting 69 out of the door, and we'll have to spend some time on explaining everything. For example, we have a beautiful article ready on passkeys that we will release in a few days.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, proskater1223 said:

Is there any screenshots of the new frontend? I don't feel like spinning up another machine to check.

wont win any thing in the looks department its a bit of a blank canvas would need to spend a long time to make it look good, deffo need some good doco on tweaking the assets for it.

13 hours ago, proskater1223 said:

Is there any screenshots of the new frontend? I don't feel like spinning up another machine to check.

Attached I have a screenshot of the user front end for v69. Blank canvas is an understatement. There is literally nothing on it anymore.. I had to make a ticket with support to make sure there wasn't an issue with the PBX. But they told me that it is in fact how it's supposed to look now. Which is a shame. I would assume most people who deploy and manage the system are not web designers and have little to no css / html experience, and don't have the ability to get someone to do it for them without hiring an external dev. So unless Vodia ends up changing the front end in a new update, or someone in the forum is kind enough to provide templates to change the front end to something that is nice and professional enough for us to actually use and put our names on to give out to clients. Then I would say most people will stay with v68 if the user front end is important to them. I know I will be until something about it changes.

Capture.PNG

7 hours ago, WaveVoIP said:

Attached I have a screenshot of the user front end for v69. Blank canvas is an understatement. There is literally nothing on it anymore.. I had to make a ticket with support to make sure there wasn't an issue with the PBX. But they told me that it is in fact how it's supposed to look now. Which is a shame. I would assume most people who deploy and manage the system are not web designers and have little to no css / html experience, and don't have the ability to get someone to do it for them without hiring an external dev. So unless Vodia ends up changing the front end in a new update, or someone in the forum is kind enough to provide templates to change the front end to something that is nice and professional enough for us to actually use and put our names on to give out to clients. Then I would say most people will stay with v68 if the user front end is important to them. I know I will be until something about it changes.

Agree, I think the future of the PBX is in the web front end parts of it and mobile apps, and a good well documented API and heavy focus on integration's. I think desk phone's are dead in the long run which is why the UI and functionality with in those areas and apps is super important. 

I said blank canvas as I hope its just because of the early release, or the focus is on the operators to make it make it look great. I started looking around to see what I can modify. But some good doc on it would be nice. 

My 10 cents :P

On 1/17/2023 at 12:07 AM, Vodia PBX said:

You can now start the PBX with --admin-username name and --admin-password password.

Is this command can use in Windows Server as my PBX is running on Windows Environment? I have an issue where the prev password cannot be used to login as admin after update to this version.

Ok we have made a new version 69.0.2, which should also include a Windows executable. The release notes have also been updated. 

The front end is brand-new, yes the landing page is a little bit empty right now. We have already some partners filling the space with their own stuff; our plan is to put essentially the ACD stats there for the own extension (we want to fill the space with meaningful information). This would be expected for the next release number, which will be 69.0.4. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2023 at 3:50 AM, WaveVoIP said:

Capture.PNG

This post summarises our outlook on 69.0.2 as well. We will not be moving this into production until something changes.

On 3/15/2023 at 7:44 PM, Brett Davey said:

This post summarises our outlook on 69.0.2 as well. We will not be moving this into production until something changes.

68.0.28 is a good version, and there is no rush moving to 69 unless you need to have one of the new features. We are making every few days new builds for 69, and we have internally started to use 69 on some servers for production. 

I'm finding after upgrading to Version 69.0.3 that I cannot log in anymore. I did read the below comment and guessed this is going to be the cause of the problem. I guess I'll have to play around with this and find an easy way to update it. I need to update as QR codes in 1 tenant is broken preventing us from setting up mobile extensions currently.

On 1/12/2023 at 1:47 PM, Scott1234 said:

For any one playing around early, if you were running modified appearance CSS on the login/welcome page you will need to make welcome.css in the pbxwebai folder as its now using this. 

The login problems that we saw in the first 69 version should be all resolved now.

If you did customize the welcome.htm page, you need to revert this page. There is a page called raw login.htm (less stylish) the you can use to login, and then do the customization from the web interface.