Jump to content

Various Issues with our new setup


iActive
 Share

Recommended Posts

Running SnomOne on a Windows 2003 server. I ordered every model phone available so that we could test each phone out. So far the 300 and 320 a solid with an exception being that the MWI will not light when there is a voicemail. It will light on missed calls but if you simply leave a message the light does not light. Same is true on the 821 but it also has a problem with audio. More times than not neither the caller or the callee can hear any audio when the calls are connected.

 

Does anyone have any insight?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you have any issues calling phone to phone?

Are you autoprovisioning?

What version?

 

Snom300

version

 

This phone call call the page group, can dial *90ext for intercom, can call a Snom320 directly, can call a Snom370 directly

 

Snom320

Version

This phone call call the page group, can dial *90ext for intercom, can call a Snom300 directly, can call a Snom370 directly

 

 

Now add a third phone to the group (Snom370 or a Snom821)

These phones can't call themselves to check VM, they can make the 320 and 300 ring but when you answer the phone the person on the 370 or 821 can't be heard. However, if the 300 or 320 call the 370 or 821 it works just fine.

 

For whatever reason it appears that the issue is with using the 370 and/or 821 and that the outbound data is not being sent from these phones.

 

Back and forth between the 300 and 320 is fine. From the 300 and 320 to the 370/821 fine. From the 370/821 to anything else not so fine.

 

BTW- Do you know of anyone that could help double check our system and make sure we have this setup properly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Issues still continue...

 

Can't get BLF to work. Used the button settings in the domain and nothing.

 

Snom 821 when I dial a number I do not hear the DTMF of the digits being dialed. Just silence but the call is dialed.

 

 

Anyone?

 

DTMF playback issue can just be because of the tone scheme in use for 821. Some European schemes do not echo DTMF on dialing while GB and US do. Check your provisioning file.

 

For the audio problem, one can't make a lot from the details. Just do one test on an 870 with the latest beta FW 8.4.22 to see if anything changes at all: http://wiki.snom.com/Firmware/V8/Beta

Link to comment
Share on other sites

loaded the beta and it is the same results. no tones when dialing and no ringing just silence. Even when the other end your calling answers there is dead air you can't hear or speak to the other person.

 

Have you double checked your firewall to make sure all the ports needed are open? I had a similar problem on centOS and figured out that I thought I saved the firewall (Which I didn't check until 8 hours of beating my head on the the proverbial wall) settings but didn't. After fixing the issue, all the phones worked just fine. May not work for you but I thought I would pass it along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

update to my dilemma

 

call from a Snom821

 

to a Snom 300 -> no audio can be heard

to a external number just by picking up the handset-> no audio both ways

to a external number by selecting a line before picking up the handset -> audio both ways

 

page from a Snom821

 

to a Snom 300 -> no audio either way

 

intercom from a Snom 821

 

to a Snom 300 -> no audio either way

 

 

 

Intercom, paging, dialing from a Snom 300

 

to a Snom 821 -> audio both ways always works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it were a firewall issue then we would see the same issue with the 300 phones. They work without a problem.

 

Hello,

 

Earlier you asked if someone can take a 2nd look.

We certainly can start a support ticket from our company and do that.

Sounds like network type issue and we can certainly assist. Just PM or click on my blog below, then "Contact Us"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it were a firewall issue then we would see the same issue with the 300 phones. They work without a problem.

 

We have seens strange effects that the first xx phones worked more or less fine and then more phones were behaving erratic because the number of ports on the firewall was exhausted. Firewalls are a frequent source for trouble, that's why it does make sense to rule this out. if you are using the same firmware build on the different devices, they pretty much behave the same way on the network side; that's why I recommend to search also in other areas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder what I am doing wrong then.

 

Try to simplify the setup, for example by taking the phone into the same LAN where the PBX is. Once that you got a situation where it works you can step-by-step change the setup back to the situation where problem is, then usually there is a big aha-effect. We have seen it many time where there are firewalls in the game, that is why my proposal is to take it out temporatily of the equation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...