Adding phone templates

RichardDCG

Yes its possible, but not easy. You need to change the pop_grandstream.xml file and then add a new entry for the new file. The new file must be in the file system because there is to existing file built-in. If you put the pnp_grandsteam.xml into the file system as well you'll need to restart the service to have the PBX pick up file changes.

Thanks.  In looking at this file I can see:

<file name="grandstream-grp261x.xml" encoding="xml">
    <pattern mac="3">cfg############.xml</pattern>
    <user-agent>Grandstream.*GRP26..</user-agent>
    <prefix>true</prefix>
    <vendor>Grandstream</vendor>
  </file>

I assume then that the GRP2634 would be included under the user agent Grandstream.*GRP26.. ?  And I should only modify the GRP261x.XML file?

If, for arguments sake, I wanted a specific one for GRP2634 I could add:

<file name="grandstream-grp263x.xml" encoding="xml">
    <user-agent>Grandstream.*GRP263.</user-agent>
    <prefix>true</prefix>
  </file>

and then need to modify (so the user agent would not get confused?):

<user-agent>Grandstream.*GRP261.</user-agent>
    <prefix>true</prefix>
  </file>

17 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

where do I place the new file? - grandstream-grp263x.xml

You can simply add this section inside the file pnp_grandstream.xml and then save and reboot the PBX service as suggested earlier.

Also make sure that below setting is turned on. See image.

17 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

(will all my hard work then be overwritten with a new version?)

You have to take off (copy) all the customizations, backup the PBX directory, upgrade the PBX, and then put the files back in (in accordance with the how the PBX will accept those files) to keep the customizations from going away.

2.png

I updated the pnp_Grandstream file with the below. This is for the Grandstream GRP2634 phones.

<file name="grandstream-grp263x.xml" encoding="xml">
    <user-agent>Grandstream.*GRP263.</user-agent>
    <prefix>true</prefix>
  </file>

<user-agent>Grandstream.*GRP261.</user-agent>
    <prefix>true</prefix>
  </file>

I rebooted and the grp2613 is not there as an option.  The PBX is set to Read from file system. PBX is V68.0.2.

• 1 month later...

might have created some confusion.  I am trying to add a GRP2634 grandstream phone.  It does not accept any other GRP templates.  Are there plans to include these or a straight forward way to add templates as required?

When I add the MAC and provision it is detected as a GRP2634 when I look under 'Buttons' on the extension.

PBX 68.02 and test in 68.0.5.beta

The GRP2624 and GRP2634 were not on the list. We don't have those models in our test lab, but thanks to the better aiming scheme they should work as well with the GRP template. The only question is if the number of VPK, MPK and EXT keys are correct. We assume the following:

GRP2624: { vpk: 32, mpk: 12, ext: 0 }
GRP2634: { vpk: 32, mpk: 10, ext: 160 }

Anyhow if you want to try please use the 68.0.5.beta.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, can we rename the template - grandstream-grp26xx.xml ?  261x seems specific to the 261x series.

{elif model == "grp2624"}
    <item name="provisioning.firmware.serverPath">{parameter grandstream-firmware-grp2624}</item>
    {elif model == "grp2634"}
    <item name="provisioning.firmware.serverPath">{parameter grandstream-firmware-grp2634}</item>
    {fi}

But nether is listed in the Phone parameters section?

16 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

Thanks, can we rename the template - grandstream-grp26xx.xml ?  261x seems specific to the 261x series.

Well at this point its just a name. Renaming would cause problems with upgrade, its better to keep the name even if it covers additional models. 

Please check if you have modified the pnp_grandstream.xml file. Here it shows that the parameters are in that file.

• 6 months later...

Looks like a very cool device. I want a couple for home, so that I can page the kids when dinner is ready! Do you have a working config that we can use as base for the provisioning template (maybe attach that to a ticket)? I guess we need something for multicast and something else for unicast? 

Yes I attached it to my ticket about a week ago.

pretty much the same as any grandstream phone. Same p values. It also support xml version 2, which grandstream introduced a while ago, which doesn’t require p values, instead it uses the names from the web gui.

# SIP Server
P47 =

<!-- SIP Server -->
<item name="account.1.sip.server.1.address"></item>

I was thinking we can skip multicast and unicast if we can just assign the unit to an extension, and page the extension. By default it’s on auto answer.

the problem with *cast, we must know the clients network. To make a speed dial button on the phone to be able to send a *cast to all intercom units.

the other issues with just using *cast if client has multiple locations and they want to page another unit in another location.