Disable DND

RichardDCG

Well in the latest version 69.0.5 (as we all know 69 is maturing) an administrative account can change the DND status of extensions through the front end by clicking on the account and turn DND off. The permissions to monitor the mailbox does that. I believe that is a workable solutions for most environments where users need some hand holding. 

But we need to keep this on the radar. I would be hesitant to immediate make that another account permission or feature, after all we were able to survive for the last 18 years without it and we might be able to survive another month or two without it.

I cannot manage DND on any IP desk phones on V69.0.5 .. (GS 1620, Yealink T41P, HTek UC926U and a UC903) the same phones work (can set/unset) DND on V68.0.30.  Same PBX, just different versions... Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?  I can change the DND if I dial *78 and *79, or set them from the Windows App (I then cant unset from the phone itself though ..).

When a phone set a DND only locally, there is not much the PBX can do about it. Many phones support a subscription type called as-feature-event which allow the PBX to push the DNS state to the phone. There is another twist about it: some phones still reject the call when they believe that they are on DND, but they are actually not or when the PBX routes the call even though the DND is on (e.g. because of a override permission like a secretary calling the boss). The whole thing is not the finest hour in the SIP ecosystem. Anyhow, without that subscription or when the subscription gets lost for whatever reason, the phone and the PBX get out of sync.

As for 69, you need to have the permission to monitor the mailbox for the account. Maybe "handholding the account" would be a better description for this. 

V68.0.30 Yrealink T41P.  I set DND, one button on and off. Normal.  

V69.0.5 Yealink T41P.  I set DND, nothing happens.  I have to manually set the On/Off code and then I can press DND and there are 31 call logs (series of *78, *79).  The same (31) turning it off.  The DND flashes on the screen for several seconds until it is set.

Same PBX, same phone.

3 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

We have fixed an issue with as-feature-event and DND on hot desk

The DND now works.

I am struggling with the whole point of the current hotdesk ext. setup.  You cant dial anything other than an emergency number, but you can be called from another ext.  You cant log into it using *70.  My understanding of a hotdesk is a worker logs into the phone and uses it as a normal phone to work. When they are done they log out.  Any hotdesk worker can use any hotdesk phone.  This setup seems a waste of time, everyone has a mobile phone, they will use that for emergency calls.

17 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

You cant log into it using *70.

Well that would indeed be a problem. Anything in the logs? 

17 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

This setup seems a waste of time, everyone has a mobile phone, they will use that for emergency calls.

The setup is for offices where you simply sit on another desk every time you come in. It's becoming a part of modern work culture in some industries. I agree a lot of the calls will happen through the PC and mobile phones (e.g. using the Vodia app if they can use it on their private devices), but we see the demand for a piece of plastic on the desk like a big screen that workers can use on that day. Emergency must be possible any time, and regular calls after logging in.

13 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

The setup is for offices where you simply sit on another desk every time you come in. It's becoming a part of modern work culture in some industries.

this is true.  However, the users will use the phones for normal use NOT just to make an emergency call.  It should act as a normal office phone while the user is logged in and be able to call any numbers.  I have star codes enabled in the CDR but *70 does not show.  *70 shows in the logfile .... I get a prompt on some of the phones (GS and HTek but not Yealink) to enter an extension ... that's as far as it gets.

I have V69.0.5 Jun 14 2023 17:38:01 the PBX dropped and had to be rebooted.  When I dial *70 and check for active calls it drops out of the tenant link and back to the admin, I need to then connect back to the tenant.

Can we get some improvements to the Android service flag monitoring and improvement to the Windows app in V68 while V69 is getting ready for production?  It seems to be quite a way off being ready yet..

When you dial *70 on the Yealink device you do not get the hotdesking prompt? 

Just to be clear when you dial *70 you mentioned that the PBX drops and you had to reboot?

For Android there is an update available with much improvement, please check the Google store or an update email about the changes. 

On 6/17/2023 at 12:44 AM, Vodia support said:

For Android there is an update available with much improvement, please check the Google store or an update email about the changes. 

can you manage Service Flags with it?  (on V68 NOT V69.  V69 is not ready for production yet and we wont be using it until it is).

When you dial *70 on the Yealink device you do not get the hotdesking prompt? 

I get a prompt, but nothing happens.  Except on the actual 'hotdesk' phone, it does nothing at all.

Just to be clear when you dial *70 you mentioned that the PBX drops and you had to reboot?

Not sure if it is related, but yes it dropped and had to be rebooted.  What is consistent is that if I dial *70 then check active calls I am kicked out of the tenant admin and back to the main admin screen.

V69.0.5 update - (Jun 18 2023 11:51:52)

well ..... I can dial *70 on a phone with an agent ext. or a regular ext. and get the prompt for ext. and code and says ' service is now active'.  But I cant call the extension on the phone I logged into. 

The phone that has the hotdesk license cannot dial *70 ... service unavailable.  The only phone that needs to be able to login a user can't.  I can call the extension but not ring others.... and the only number I can call is an emergency number?  What is the point of this phone?  As a hotdesk worker I would expect to be able to login and use this phone as a normal company phone.

11 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

Is work still being done on V68?  V69 still seems to be very much in the beta stage...  

Most of the work right now is on 69 so that everything works better than in 68. Some of the work is easy to port back to 68 and we happily do that, but obviously we don't want to rock the boat on 68. 

can we get service flag management on the Windows and Android apps on V68?  Like the current IOS app and the V69 Windows app..

"Most of the work right now is on 69 so that everything works better than in 68"  V69 is no where near ready to push out as a production system yet, V68 is still the current option.  There are some things I like about V69, but I cant use it in it's current state.