System slows down

shopcomputer

We have an issue on a system running 4.5.1059 Win64, after the system is running for a while it slows down, meaning all the auto attendant greetings start speaking slow, and maybe transfering a call also takes longer. A reset of the Snom One service helps for a few days and then it slows down again, please advise.

Thanks,

I would check the hdd and see if the recordings or apps are taking up space which causes the pbx to be unstable, also check your access list for any intrusion on the system. Last thing I would check is the system cpu activity and memory usage and see what's hogging all the resources.

I would check the hdd and see if the recordings or apps are taking up space which causes the pbx to be unstable, also check your access list for any intrusion on the system. Last thing I would check is the system cpu activity and memory usage and see what's hogging all the resources.

The HDD has plenty of free space 99GB fre on a 136GB drive. Access list is clean, I don't see any intrusions. Task manager shows CPU at 0% and memory at 19%.

Best practices is restarting the service if it has been running 30 days or more

I don't agree. Rebooting can never be "best practice". I would use ps or top and take a look at the process times, size, VM stat and so on. There must be a process/reason why the system slows down.

I don't agree. Rebooting can never be "best practice". I would use ps or top and take a look at the process times, size, VM stat and so on. There must be a process/reason why the system slows down.

Running v4.5.0.1075 Delta Aurigids (Win64) now, it is less than 24 hours since service was restarted, and sysyem slowed down. Web interface is slugish, auto atendant has a delay between prompts and transfer takes an extra few seconds. A restart of the service will speed it up for a while.

Attached is a taskman screenshot, showing the resource utilization, I never saw this on other systems.

This machine has dual 2.66GHZ Xeon processors and 4GB Ram, 1 sangoma pri card, less than 50 extensions.

System Status Overview:

Please use the information shown on this web page when you request help from the support team.

Version:

4.5.0.1075 Delta Aurigids (Win64)

Created on:

May 7 2012 12:44:01

License Status:

snom ONE blue

License Duration:

Permanent

Additional license information:

Upgrade: 01 01 2014

Working Directory:

C:\Program Files\snom\snomONE

MAC Addresses:

DNS Servers:

8.8.8.8 4.2.2.2 192.168.2.7 192.168.2.6

CDRs:

Duration(7d): trunk = 998, extension = 392, ivr = 1684

Calls:

Total 78/7, Active 2/4 Calls

SIP packet statistics:

Tx: 41430 Rx: 41761

Emails:

Successful sent: 6 Unsuccessful attempts: 0

Uptime:

2012/5/9 10:42:02 (uptime: 0 days 10:56:33) (97MB/4094MB 20% 80526-0) WAV cache: 4

Number of HTTP sessions:

Sessions: PAC=0, HTTP=2; Threads: SIP=42, HTTP=6

Domain Statistics:

Total Domains: 1, Total Accounts: 47

post-288-0-27135400-1336574405_thumb.png

If only the recordings are running slow, this sounds like a CODEC issue, this would almost be the only way to do this, what codec do you have selected in the main settings to use?

I have mine on G711U and G729A only and no others., same for all the trunks and extensions all use system default.

Well, rebooting the server is unsatisfactory. Next time, please restart only the PBX service to see if we can narrow it down to the PBX and exclude the rest of the server.

I do not reboot, I restart the Snom One service, and that fixes it for at least a day sometimes a few days.

I do not reboot, I restart the Snom One service, and that fixes it for at least a day sometimes a few days.

I created a script to restart th Snom One service at 3am daily, it solves the problem for first few hours of the day, I can not restart the service during business hours, how can I debug this.

The main complaint is, that the voicemail prompts lady is very slow.

Hmmmmm.....do you have access control setup to ban ips that are trying to crack your system? It sounds like what happened to a pbx from another vendor. It didn't have any protection and when a hard attack came all the voice prompts would slow down. All regular conversations were OK but just system stuff had the problem. Have you run wireshark to see if something is sending way too much traffic to the pbx?