Jump to content

5.0.8


Vodia PBX
 Share

Recommended Posts

ACK. That bug did creep in. We wanted to stress test the multi-language capability and picked German to stress it... Anyway, it was nothing major to fix it and we overwrote the version. Just update again.

 

Also, if you have made modifications to the translations or header files (*header_v5.htm and *footer_v5.htm), you will have to store that somewhere and then revert to the default. We did a lot of changes regarding the unfortunate _v5 file naming, which causes some major problems if you have modified one of those files. It is all part of a major cleanup that we have done on the web interface. You will also notice that we removed all those backward-compatible mode files that made maintaining the webpages a real pain. This will help avoiding future chaos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having 1 minor issue (1) and one major issue (2):

 

1) Reloaded 5.08 after the re-release with language fix and first the login screen is English then when I enter my login details German login appears and I have to log in again then im in and its English.

 

2) I cannot get into my domain settings! System settings are fine

 

If I factory default I can, but once I load my config file back in I get the same issue.

 

I have NOT changed any (*header_v5.htm and *footer_v5.htm)settings.

 

Going back to 5.07 and loading my file I have 0 problems. Making a new backup file and going back to 5.08 I get the same issue.

 

Browser hangs when I click on a domain and I get an error eventually (on both chrome and IE explorer) saying the page is not responding.

 

Note the system seems to be functioning fine.

 

Also to let you guys know if it helps, we have a number of accounts with DID numbers assign directly to them. I say this because a new feature is the web interface shows the DID and the ANI of users in the account overview and this is the first screen that should load up when you click into domain settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have made a new build for 5.0.8. The confusion with the file naming for V5 was immense. Seems there was a file with the suffix _v5 that was actually never used slip into the build and caused a lot of chaos in the extension area. These problems affected the web client side; the PBX itself was not affected by this.

 

Also please keep in mind that Linux blocks the ports for up to 10 minutes after the restart for exclusive use, which can result in missing page loads, again with all kinds of side effects. You'll see the log message that port so-and-so could not be opened all over again until they were opened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have made a new build for 5.0.8. The confusion with the file naming for V5 was immense. Seems there was a file with the suffix _v5 that was actually never used slip into the build and caused a lot of chaos in the extension area. These problems affected the web client side; the PBX itself was not affected by this.

 

Also please keep in mind that Linux blocks the ports for up to 10 minutes after the restart for exclusive use, which can result in missing page loads, again with all kinds of side effects. You'll see the log message that port so-and-so could not be opened all over again until they were opened.

 

Much Better, both issues fixed. Thankyou

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

After updating to 5.0.8 all my snom 370s are stuck with message "Loading file:".

 

EDIT: Downgrading to 8.0.4 did not help. The 370s phones dont boot, even without network connection.

Upgrade to 5.0.9 seems to stuck since 30 minutes too (Internet connection is working).

I am lost at the moment.

 

EDIT: alright, the 5.0.9 seems to be not ready for mac until now. So I upgraded to 5.0.8 again.

Logfile says:

[5] 2013/04/26 12:52:07: Web Server: File snom_3xx_fw_status.xml not found

[5] 2013/04/26 12:52:11: Web Server: File snom_3xx_fw_snom370.xml not found

That should be the reason that the phones are stuck while loading.

Where are those files gone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The server can be found and configured via web-interface (http://192.168.1.xxx).

I opened the extensions for provisioning, but they still stuck with the message "Loading file:".

Another problem is, that the phones won't boot even with ethernet disconnected. So I have no chance to reset them nor to access them directly via web-interface.

Fortunately I have 2 snom m9 - these both are not affected and work fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is in the settings server? Can you put something like http://ip-adr? And you also need to open the extension for PnP from the PBX domain web interface. It will show that you have 10 minutes for provisioning the device.

 

Thanks for the reply.

 

That is exactly how I do it.

 

Server setting is IP address of the Snom One and I open the accounts for mac provisioning for 10 minutes... no luck.

 

Exactly the same way I did the 60+ 870s on 5.08 with the multisite job Im on now ... 5.09 just does not like it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...