Minimize to Tray

VitaminJ

Yes we had discussed that internally. It is a little bit counter intuitive to other applications running on the PC (close means end the application), but for VoIP the user expectation is that the application just goes out of sight. If the user really wants to end the application they will have to dig in some menu to make that happen.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to have the application set at install to run as a service or something similar?

A lot of my conversions from 3CX are rightfully saying that was a descent feature, that they install the app and it auto runs, and it is pretty much always logged in unless they tell it to logout.  With a PBX, you want this sort of functionality with your softphone.

• 2 weeks later...

This is something that I had also requested in a different thread. All the recent updates to the app have been great so thank you for those as they have have addressed most of our concerns around the app.

We are just concerned about now deploying this to our customers and they close the app without realising it and as a result missing incoming calls which could result in loss of revenue.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm glad I found this thread. Any word on progress with this?

Minimize to tray and launch on Windows startup are essential features for my clients. As it is, we can't roll out the Vodia Windows app for our users.

I'm trying to get Linphone to work, and have had some success with remote provisioning. Vodia would be considerably more viable for us with these two features.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

One of our Engineers has just reported the below issue to me related to the app being minimized to the system tray.

"basically, when the user clicks the x it minimizes it to the task bar. this is normal. What isn't normal is when it is minimized and the user clicks the shortcut on their desktop  / start bar it doesn't maximize the existing Vodia process. it just opens and hides a bunch of processes in the background. I have since educated the users but the App should be maximizing existing app if someone reruns the shortcut."

11 hours ago, anton said:

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll try to get it updated asap.

The app can be brought back from the Tray shortcut icon

windows_app_tray.png.047570a9dffe2b687fee94c5fa89aca8.png

1. Sometimes it hides in that menu

2. Can be dragged and fixed to be visible at all the time

Thanks Anton, I am aware of this as it is one of our end users that kept on using the shortcut on his desktop which was opening a new session. When our support team investigated his reported issue they found 15 Vodia sessions running in the background.

1 hour ago, Brett Davey said:

Thanks Anton, I am aware of this as it is one of our end users that kept on using the shortcut on his desktop which was opening a new session. When our support team investigated his reported issue they found 15 Vodia sessions running in the background.

this used to happen with an older desktop version, it seems to have stopped now.  We use PBX v68.0.30 and V5.1.1 desktop app.  The desktop shortcut now does nothing if the app is already open, you can only manage it from the taskbar if it is closed.