webRTC issues

hosted

the plug was very easy to install and modify the template.

i noticed on a small handful of calls i get white noise after i hang up the call.

also the dtmf didnt work initially, but i am passing the call to a DID. so i need to test more probably my issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Hi,

I had the whole thing setup, even got the SSL bondle and related to the certificate, but im still unable to make the WEBRTC to work.

It always says: 

ERROR: undefined

DISCONNECTED

My scenario is:

=============

-Windows 2012 R2 64 Bits.

-Static IP

-cloud hosted

-no external firewall

-firewall rules in windows or even offline (dont work)

-Latest version of Vodia.

-Using direct link or a the button link on a https://website too (with the code vodia provided)

-Still unable to make it work.

Any help, will be really appreciated.

Thank You

Yes i did. Im opening an https://vodiapbx/button.....html

I hit Talk, and then the notification error pops up:

ERROR: undefined

DISCONNECTED

--But, if i login to our Vodia PBX with any account (using same device), and i retry the above example, the WEBRTC connects fine, and calls can be made to the END IVR where the extension is pointing at.

-We are looking for achieve the same, without the need of login to the vodia pbx to an extension.  Because callers from the world, wont have this privilege, and neither we need them to log to anywhere, -we just need they call press the button an receive their calls.

Hope this helps.

Thank You

Hi Again,

Im currently working with this: (sorry, didnt pasted in the right order)

We are not looking for the webpage client to enter a dial number, we just need that this WEBCRT code, works as is, but without need to be login into Vodia PBX to reach us or reach customer at the far side PBX using vodia PBX.  It need no other interaction that just pushing the Talk Button, and hit Call, thats it.  Then the call will reach Vodia + Specific extension or group.  In this case an extension, and at the end of the Extension, an IVR is waiting.  Already tested this, but needed to login in same device as a vodia extension user.  It will very good, to be able to accomplish this.

>>> The code that WEBRTC gives me under Trunks list:

2019-07-10_17h26_42.thumb.jpg.6921cb177df5155c0f253add4d83c93f.jpg

>>> The Trunk under Trunks (where the code is offered when click over):

2019-07-10_17h25_38.jpg.713e2d09a745650e3a04515f6c291d24.jpg

>>> The look when page is executed or called: (in this case, is giving the error, cause im not logged from same device to vodia):

2019-07-10_17h24_17.jpg.97d95c4d06d74ecb6f8c29625e337d65.jpg

>>> What the public webpage shows when accessed. (just the button), We just need the person (anyone from the world) to hit and reach Vodia PBX -> Far Extension or far PBX IVR that is connected/registered to Vodia)

2019-07-10_17h23_38.jpg.a135282f53a22cee68cdd55bd6bd6c02.jpg

Make sure the setting allow webrtc trunk is set to true in the pbx.xml file of the pbx working directory and restart the pbx after that.

It was done because of security reasons. No login calls (even if they are not allowed to call out) can be a small security risk and therefore this setting is off by default. If you need it and aware of the little security risk you can turn it on as explained above. In the pbx.xml file it should read:

<allow_wrtc_trunk>true</allow_wrtc_trunk>

Thank You,

That is in fact, the reason/purpose im trying the WEBRTC.  That document i followed,  but found this little unknown inconvenience to make it work as the document explain,  because the document doesnt have this very useful information you just gave me :)

For that thank You!! 

I will try it tonite, when usage is lower..

Appreciated.. !!

Will keep you posted.

-D

"The Firewall running on the system hosting the Vodia PBX, should not block any of the ports used for the WebRTC call. Various firewalls from different vendors will have varied settings which have to be taken care of so that it wont block the SIP traffic." 

-The doc. doesnt mention ports other than the implied.  (443)

Any other reff. you can point to? 

Thank You

Oh! i see.. humm

But in the case of for instance, the Grandstream phone/PBXs comes with min: 10000 max: 20000

Which side will be best to change to accomplish?  Vodia or Grandstream? or do we need to expand the numbers?

At vodia we currently have from: 10000 to: 65536

But also, under Turnks: Media/Audio there is also a setup for this too (a little confused here)

>Port range start: 

>Port range ends:

We should have the same decided ports in both sections?

Thank You

32 minutes ago, Musarano said:

Which side will be best to change to accomplish?  Vodia or Grandstream? or do we need to expand the numbers?

Vodia and your router / firewall.

32 minutes ago, Musarano said:

But also, under Turnks: Media/Audio there is also a setup for this too (a little confused here)

You need not fill anything here. Not mandatory.

Hi.

I can see the 'bot attackers' or so, but implemented an algorithm in far end PBX to not flaw the PBX (not reaching the IVR at all)

Im working in better option than just that, but i need how to overcome or do so in GS-PBX.

It will be good i can stop the direct sip:xx@XX.ext calls somehow to the Vodia-PBX, but i know this is not an easy or even almost impossible task for now..  But, its better not letting the Tsunami reach the far-end PBX and drawn it with it..  So far, im happy with achievements by using WEBRTC (Y), need to place it in prod. now.

Thank You!

-M

You can also access and optimize this section of the PBX to make your security concerns worries a little more relaxed.

Although you cannot stop those direct calls, but you can allow or disallow the IP addresses and also blacklist the phone numbers.

2.png