Call forwarding with incoming CLI

dtasia

There is a flexible way for determining what ANI to use in the SIP headers for a trunk INVITE at https://doc.vodia.com/trunk_ani - however it mostly depends on what the provider is able to do in terms of showing off-net numbers. Keep in mind that spoofing caller-ID is a problem and the provider somehow needs to verify that the number is valid.

Please try to duplicate these settings on your outgoing trunk as shown.
And the regex in the Regular ANI section is: "hunt:from-ani disa:ext-ani disa:dom-ani from-ext:ext-ani from-cell:ext-ani from-trunk:from ext-ani dom-ani trunk-ani"

1.png

• 4 months later...

Can you please expand on this. Simply we would like the following:

The caller id is the company name and phone number unless an extension has a DID, then it is the extension name and DID. If someone calls an extension, either through an auto-attendant or directly to a DID, and it is forwarded to the mobile phone, is there a way to show the caller id of the original caller not the company or extension caller id.

The example above has two different regex expressions and neither work to show the caller id of the cell phone.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

This would be a process of trail and error as every trunk has different requirements. If you can go through this webpage https://doc.vodia.com/trunk_custom_headers and https://doc.vodia.com/trunk_ani, it will give you multiple options of how you would like the call to be represented. 

Also your trunk provider might need those settings in the "Remote party ID" or "P-Preferred-Identity" etc. section which will also have to be tried out.

If you're unable to accomplish this, please create a ticket on vodia.zammad.com with all the admin level login, domain name, trunk (name and where can we find it on the PBX domain) details and we can take a look.

Thanks for the reply, but the examples that you have provided are no help.

We simply want to pass along the caller id of the original caller, so if it is forwarded to a mobile phone, then they get that info. If there is a call from an extension, they either get company or extension info. I can take care of the latter two, but nothing i have tried has given no info or it is info from the extension, in this case.There are no examples, that reference calls forwarded to cell phones. It used to work.

Please advise.

If you're unable to accomplish this, please create a ticket on vodia.zammad.com and give us the following details:

1. Your admin login to your PBX.
2. Name of the domain having issues.
3. Name of the domain where your trunk is.
4. Name of the trunk.
5. Number to dial to test to replicate this issue. 

3 hours ago, Support said:

If you're unable to accomplish this, please create a ticket on vodia.zammad.com and give us the following details:

1. Your admin login to your PBX.
2. Name of the domain having issues.
3. Name of the domain where your trunk is.
4. Name of the trunk.
5. Number to dial to test to replicate this issue. 

ok, i will do so, thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

The way I got this to work on version 62.0.3 is in the trunk settings, scroll down to Number/Call Identification. Set the SIP caller-ID presentation to Custom Headers, then set Remote-Party-ID to other and use the custom header {rpi}. Your mileage may vary. This is an old pbx that we're slowly upgrading to 68 (current as of this writing) and we'll be going to 63 tomorrow, so it could break by then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

This is a huge headache every time we upgrade a system. I like the Vodia PBX as a whole, but support could be much better in cases like this. We as users and providers shouldn't have to do trial and error to solve these problems. I understand that different carriers have different settings and criteria, but with the user base this software has, support should be keeping results of theses support cases in a KB that they make available to us.

Hope this helps someone.

Brian

vodia-trunk-rpi.png

5 minutes ago, Allstate Computers said:

This is a huge headache every time we upgrade a system. I like the Vodia PBX as a whole, but support could be much better in cases like this. We as users and providers shouldn't have to do trial and error to solve these problems. I understand that different carriers have different settings and criteria, but with the user base this software has, support should be keeping results of theses support cases in a KB that they make available to us.

+1

every release should have

• notes about breaking changes
  • known issues

A KB would be awesome as far as issues and things to do to troubleshoot it.

I would love to see a roadmap of bug fixes and features, and what is the target version of those features. Still trying to figure out Release cycle, the last few have been every 2 weeks. but before that it was sort of random.